Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Do you think Christians ruined america?

Honest opinions. If so how?

27 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

America was founded on Christian principles that even on their own currency it states in 'God we trust'.

If America is ruined in any way its because they are losing the basic principles of christian values.

• 10 years ago

I would argue that America is not "ruined". America still preserves more of its natural beauty than any other economic world power through our national parks protection.

If you mean ruined 'socially', I would argue that most religion is a different flavor of the same recipe- 1 part Blind Faith + 2 parts Fear of Damnation = Power.

We take better care of our criminals than we do our homeless so we fail in that sense. Also, our elderly don't receive the level of care indicative of an enlightened people. Neither is a direct result of Christian influence.

I am not a Christian or particularly fond of their work but if America is indeed "ruined" socially/morally, I believe the culprits are apathy, entitlement, and lack of personal responsibility.

• 10 years ago

well christians ruined the America that the native Americans knew but Christians did not ruin America it was founded by Christians. However, Christians (specifically the British) ruined Africa and a lot of Asia

• Diell
    Lv 5
    10 years ago

Not just America, but the world. People were relatively happy before Christians invaded all the islands and so forth and made it their mission to change everyone's lives or eliminate them. But it's not just Christians, it's the nature of the human race. Religion is just a symptom of the intolerant attitude of America and people in general. The attitude is this: I'm right-you're wrong; I'm moral; you're immoral; do it my way or the highway.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Mike N
    Lv 6
    10 years ago

The group of people who founded America is ruining America? You're kidding, right? It's the non-Christians who are ruining it. God Bless you.

Source(s): I'm a Roman Catholic of 60 years now.
  • Anonymous
    10 years ago

Certainly not. America was based on Christianity. The reason America is going to pot now is because people are denying that God is the authority and are going their own ways.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

Oh, absolutely, sure.

Because all the hospitals they founded and supported, all the disaster relief and humanitarian efforts, those private Catholic schools (and those kids have the nerve to outperform public school students, too), and the world's greatest universities founded by Christians (Harvard and Yale, among many others) are just terrible.

How could Christians do these terrible things to America!

• 10 years ago

no it is those who change the laws and no longer uphold the constitution that America is one nation under the Lord God. It is bringing strange laws going against the commandments of the Lord God, i.e homosexual marriages, abortions, and stem cell research all going against the will of the Lord our God, America needs to repent and return unto the Lord God and should bring prayers back in the schools, remember the Lord saying "Suffer the little children to come unto me, for of such i the kingdom of heaven." America is ruined by strange ideologies like Germany was

• 10 years ago

- On religious issues there can be little or no compromise. There is no position on which people are so immovable as their religious beliefs. There is no more powerful ally one can claim in a debate than Jesus Christ, or God, or Allah, or whatever one calls this supreme being. But like any powerful weapon, the use of God's name on one's behalf should be used sparingly. The religious factions that are growing throughout our land are not using their religious clout with wisdom. They are trying to force government leaders into following their position 100 percent. If you disagree with these religious groups on a particular moral issue, they complain, they threaten you with a loss of money or votes or both.

I'm frankly sick and tired of the political preachers across this country telling me as a citizen that if I want to be a moral person, I must believe in "A," "B," "C" and "D." Just who do they think they are? And from where do they presume to claim the right to dictate their moral beliefs to me?

And I am even more angry as a legislator who must endure the threats of every religious group who thinks it has some God-granted right to control my vote on every roll call in the Senate. I am warning them today: I will fight them every step of the way if they try to dictate their moral convictions to all Americans in the name of "conservatism."-

Senator Barry Goldwater, Republican Presidential Candidate 1964, Speech in the US Senate (16 September 1981)

PS. For those wilfully ignorant morons claiming that the US is a christian nation, by founding, they should see what Founding Father President John Adams signed with the consent of Congress & the Senate in 1797:

-Art. 11. As the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion-

See that word NOT ? Dillholes.

• 10 years ago

No. Mostly it's being ruined by greedy, corrupt people undermining the economy for their own personal gain.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.