Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Before Jesus's Sacrifice?

A friend and I where having a playful discussion earlier and where wondering, according to the bible Jesus died to take away sins so people could go to heaven ect. But before Jesus was born and killed what happened? I assume that people still sinned, early passages in the old Testament seem to say so, but I also assume people could be redeemed? so was Jesus's sacrifice not needed before he died and then became important in hindsight?

Im just curious from a historical perspective and wondering what the mythology says.

Thanks

Favorite Answer

The Old Testament believers were saved by Jesus also. Just as Jesus sacrifice stretches forward in time to us, it also stretches backward in time to the Old Testament believers. The animal sacrifices did not save anybody, but they symbolized what Jesus was going to do on the cross.

Since you consider the story of Jesus a "myth", trust in your own understanding.