Why can't I play 4 player split screen in Rainbow Six: Vegas 2?

I am trying to play multiplayer with more than 2 of us. I play split screen with one of my buddies all the time, but we thought it would be awesome to play offline with maybe more. I read the back of the game case and it says (co-op 2-4) and (system link 2-16). There was 4 of us and we tried system link with 2 xboxs and 2 tvs. We thought that the system link would allow us to play 2 players on each tv... it didn't work. System link with 2 xboxs only allows 2 players to play together in one mission. So we decided to instead try to play a 4 players split screen on one tv (no more system link). The log in menu had 4 "join" screens and we thought we had it. But instead after everyone signed in, a little message came up saying "profiles have changed and you will be sent back to the main menu", which I did not see any reason for and I don't get why we could not play. After seeing the 4 split screens saying "press A to join" I thought it would work... anyone know why it ended up not working? PLEASE help out any way you can... we want to play!

Coz u SUK!!!