What should I do about my new friend?

I met a girl in one of my classes at my university about a week ago. She struck up a conversation with me about her boyfriend and we exchanged cell numbers. 20 minutes after meeting me she asked if I wanted to go to the mall with her and for the last week she calls me to cry about things her boyfriend is doing to upset her and she is being extremely mellow dramatic and needy. She also calls me her "twin" and I really find that creepy since I have known her for such a short period of time. I don't want to sound mean or anything but she never calls me to ask what's going on with me or if I want to hang out (or really for anything positive for that matter), she has new issues everyday and she uses me as a sounding board. I have never had this issue before, she is coming on too strong and it creeps me out. I'm sure she is just lonely and wants friends but I feel like I'm being used. Any help?

I realize how mean I probably sound, but I really just don't want to be around negative people all the time, life is too short.

Favorite Answer

Slowly start avoiding her so you don't look like a jerk. She seems very creepy!