Skyrim Bug: The Forsworn Conspiracy Quest?

I just killed Nepos and it tells me to go find Eltrys. Ok, not hard. I go look for him, but guess what? He's dead! But thats not all! The marker is telling me to go where a guard is standing but i cant talk to the guard and i cant proceed in the quest any further. I dont have any earlier saves, only the one when i get ready to fight Nepos. Please Help!

• Favorite Answer

If you follow James B's instructions which DO work... you will lose ALL of your unusual gems/Stones of Barenziah. They are considered stolen and at least I could not find a confiscated goods chest anywhere in the mine. Let's hope this is fixed shortly!

Those saying to wait an hour... please let us know if you lose your unusual gems/stones of barenziah!

Source(s): personal experience in game
  • human

Skyrim The Forsworn Conspiracy

As of yet, there is no known fix. It's an in-game bug which can only be resolved though console commands (PC only) or waiting until a patch is out. As for me, I ran into this problem and i am on the Xbox 360.

Waiting an hour in front of the guards seems to continue the quest.

If on PC, then I had the same problem.

You want to open the console (with ~) and first type in "setstage ms01 100" without the quotes. This will complete The Forsworn Conspiracy.

Then, type in "setstage ms02 0" in jail to start the next quest.

i had the same problem but then i just waited an hour and the guard arrested me for killing that guy and i went to jail.

same thing happend to me there is no fix yet so we will need a patch