Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureLanguages · 9 years ago

What does "como anda dime la verda feo si soy jiji" mean?

Okay, so this is from a text conversation in Spanish. I'll give the first few texts leading up to this one.

Him: Yo 23 pero dicen que me veo de menos tu cres (sp?)

Me: No se. No se como te ves jaja.

Him: como anda dime la verdad feo si soy jiji

I don't know what he's saying in the last line of text. I know what "como andas" means, but in the context of this conversation that doesn't make any sense. My guess is he's asking me if I think he's ugly.

Favorite Answer

Como anda is just his incredulity (slight exasperation) at your not getting to the point, similar to: Aw, c'mon! Tell me the truth, I AM ugly, heeheehee. (Thanks for giving us the context, it matters a great deal.) To respond to his calling himself ugly, say, Eres lo más lindo que mis ojos hayan visto. You're the most beautiful (person/thing) my eyes have (ever) seen.:)

Source(s): 40+ years of Spanish as my beloved second language. ¡Me encanta el idioma español!
  • Jean

You got to be kidding! How do you think they are going to pay for Obamacare. The porkulus Taking over the car industry Taking over the banks Much more in taxes are coming, just hang on. They already started with cigs. Now they want to add it to sodas. Cap and trade is estimated to tax each family $1800 per year The VAT tax is supposedly going to start at 10% Who knows how much the health care bill will cost, but I doubt you will see people getting big pay raises to make up for all these taxes. Cap and trade alone will send millions of jobs overseas.

¡cómo? ¡anda! (what? come on!)

dime la verdad tell me the truth

feo sí soy, jijiji I'm indeed ugly (giggle)

• granny

I am 23, but they say I look younger, what do you think?

I don't know. I don't know how you look.

How (do I look)? Come on (anda), tell me the truth, I am ideed ugly, ha, ha, ha