josh
Lv 4
josh asked in SportsFootball (American) · 9 years ago

Why is everyone attacking Penn State students and Joe Paterno instead of the criminal Jerry Sandusky?

I don't get it. I am absolutely not sticking up for Joe Paterno because I don't believe he did enough, but what the hell is going on? Jerry Sandusky is the person who has been accused of child sexual abuse! Where the hell is the outrage against him?! Joe Paterno is the ultimate scapegoat in all of this. Jerry Sandusky, the man who is charged with child sexual abuse isn't the man who has been battered by everyone. The man who SAW the act happening and didn't stop it or call the police, Mike McQueary not only did the same thing that Paterno did (report it to his superior), but he STILL has his job! Also Tim Curley and Gary Schultz are facing criminal charges for not reporting the abuse. Plus the fact that Penn State students who weren't even attending Penn State back in 2002 have been slammed by people all over the nation for just attending a school which now has a tainted image.

Do NOT get me wrong, Joe should've done more, but what the hell is with the bashing of Joe, Penn State students, and Penn State fans when people like Jerry Sandusky, Mike McQueary, Tim Curley, and Gary Schultz have stayed in the clear?

Update:

Pretty sad how anyone who tries to blame the criminals gets bashed...this world is sad.

P.S. if you use SportsCenter as a source you need to get a life.

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

because thye just don't have a clue on the truth

Sandusky and mccleary both should be catching the blame not Paterno

• 9 years ago

hahah

The fact is that the students at Penn State rioted in defence of JOE PATERNO. Nobody has rebutted this. There are people ACTIVELY supporting and defending Paterno and the people who knew about Sandusky.

An absolutely understandable and logical response is to attack this head-on. You're providing a false choice of either criticising Sandusky or criticising the students and Paterno. You're wrong and that is absolutely NOT scapegoating.

• 9 years ago

Mcqueary was suspended from his job today by Penn St and will likely be fired soon. I don't see how they can bring any of that coaching staff back next year.

The students are being slammed for their blatant lack of concern for the victims over the job of a guy who hid a child rapist for over a decade.

They showed nothing more than classless behavior by rioting in the street of their own town. In my eyes Paterno and McQueary should be in jail for harboring a person that sexually abuses children. Paterno also showed that he is a soulless coward with no morals at all.

• 9 years ago

The 1000 or so students that rioted after the meeting DO NOT represent all of Penn State. Penn State is a large community comprised of some 46,000 students who come from all over the world in search of a bright future, some of which could care less about football altogether.

By attacking the University, you are only jeopardizing more futures.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

I agree. I think it is crazy that Paterno, Penn State Students, and even McQueary are being put on the same level as the actually criminal. Nobody seems to even know or care that Sandusky is OUT OF JAIL, on unsecured bail.

It is very understandable that people are angry that more was not done. But we still need to put out a positive message out to all the people (both kids and adults) who are being abused or witnessing it, and are deciding not to come out.

The damage is done. The is no more need for criticism. Only thing to do is heal and move forward with a positive message.

BTW: The victims are still alive! People need to stop acting like all they can do it criticize. Ignoring the victims to blame someone is just as bad as ignoring the victims to protect someone.

• 9 years ago

probably because everyone knows how paterno is but not everyone knows who sandusky is. could also be the fact that he thought retiring was going to keep him from being fired. he isn't a scapegoat. he is guilty and deserved to be fired. as for the students, they have further tarnished the rep of the school with their riots.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Because Joe Paterno and some other students knew about what was going on and they kept their mouths shut..Football was more important than saving little boys from being molested and that's Wrong and their just as guilty as Jerry Sandusky....Its gets me mad and angery just to mention that dude name..sick fck!! molesting little boys...they need to send him to the electric chair and let him fry!!!

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Cause JoPa didn't report the guy's "activities" to officials and stuff like that

Source(s): Sportscenter
  • 9 years ago

You don't pass the buck on kid rape, and you don't defend those who do.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.