Lauren asked in Dining OutFast Food · 9 years ago

Just got hired at McDonald's?

Yup! I have orientation Tuesday and i have a few questions..

1) What should I wear??

2) It has little lines you have to fill in for shirt size and pant sizes. What should I put? I don't know the type of pant sizes they have?

3) Do I get paid for orientation?

4) What do I do at orientation?

Thank you!

@Daniel---Personally I find your answer offensive. NOONE should be too proud to work ANYWHERE. A paycheck is a paycheck. THAT is why America is "going down the crapper" because people are too STUPID AND PROUD to take ANY job that pays. There is always a job available for anyone if they are willing to work. SO YES-I am HAPPY to work at a "rat infested, greasy, mess of a restaurant."

Favorite Answer

Congrats on your job sweetie. I worked at a Kentucky Fried Chicken as my first job way back in the 70s and I make 6 figures now have a beautiful home, multiple luxury cars, and a nice family. Everyone needs to start somewhere rome wasn't built in a day.

1) Wear something somewhat formal but not over the top and not too casual (obviously don't go there in heels or something or even a dress) Just wear some nice dress pants and a somewhat conservative shirt.

2) The way fast food uniforms run usually its better to have them a little big rather than too small where they are uncomfortable. I would round to the nearest size and see how they fit and if not I'm sure they will replace them if they don't fit.

3) I don't know about Mcdonalds but most jobs do pay you for orientation and or training. This is also even a requirement in some states.

4) Most of the time it will just be like a basic class and basic training session about what you will be doing and a lot of things about the company in general. Some jobs have orientation up to 2 weeks some it is only a day. I am assuming Mcdonalds is more than one day because they want you to feel comfortable.

Good luck! Congratulations and don't listen to what other people say. Google famous people who worked at mcdonalds Jay Leno, Pink and Shania twain and countless other people worked there as a child. I mean you're just a kid don't listen to these dumb asses on here.

1. Wear some dark jeans and a casual top/shirt. If you don't have dark jeans, then just wear something similar like you would wear to school.

2. If you are not sure of the size, then wait and ask some questions when you get there. You could put down your waist size or S-M-L-XL. Probably be best to wait and ask.

3. You should be paid for the orientation.

4. They will show you around the building, explain procedure, have you fill out your tax paperwork, and give you your uniform. Explain the schedule or how to get your schedule, the pay and when you should receive your checks. There are probably some rules, how to punch the time clock, etc.

Congratulations on your new job. I hope you enjoy it.

This is why America is going down the crapper. People are happy to work at a rat infested, greasy mess of a restaurant....I don't wanna live on this planet anymore.

1. It's McDonalds

2. It's McDonalds

3. It's McDonalds

4. It's McDonalds

Hope that helped.

its only mickeyds