Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsBaseball · 8 years ago

How good would the Marlins be with Pujols and Jose Reyes?

Dont want to know the "possibltys' of it i know it wont happen, but if it did how good would the marlins be? Projected line up:

SS-Jose Reyes

CF-Emilo Bonifacio

1B-Albert Pujols

3B-Hanley Rameriez

RF-Mike Stanton

2B-Omar Infante

LF-Logan Morrison

C-John Buck

P-Josh Johnson, Ricky Nalsco, Anibal Sanchez, etc.

Update:

They would also be able to trade prized 1st basemen Gaby Sanchez for more players, and have a little money left to sign starting pitching or bullpen

Update 2:

it kind of seems like all of the miami teams want to be the dream team

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Seems like a "dream team" to me. Although I seriously doubt that your projected lineup will really come true. There is no way that Pujols is going to leave St. Louis.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

I think that Marlins need to forget about Pujols. He EATS up Millions. 30MILLION A YEAR? We need pitching and to fill in the holes in defense. I think they should do the following things to produce a winning team.

1B: Logan Morrison - He plays 1st base and he's a great hitter.

2B: Omar Infante - Great Defensively and good contact hitter.

SS- Jose Reyes - He just needs to stay healthy and he'll have an amazing season.

3B- Hanley Ramirez - He needs to stay healthy.

C - John Buck - Good Defense

LF - Emilio Bonifacio - Fast/Great Lead-off hitter

CF - Yoennis Cespedes - Overall great player

RF - Mike Stanton - POWER HITTER

Pitching: Josh Johnson, Mark Buerhle, Anibal Sanchez, Gio Gonzalez(trade Gaby,Peterson,Volstad), Ricky Nolasco.

So we just buy Reyes, Cespedes, and Buerhle and trade for Gio and we have a great team.

I wish i was part of the marlins front office -.-

Source(s): My observations and i write a sports blog: http://www.firstrowsports911.blogspot.com
  • 3 years ago

Reyes possibly will sign with the Marlins. He can play infield and could desire to alter into somewhat super in Miami. yet 225 million money for 9 years is 25 million. The Marlins are extraordinarily extreme approximately Pujols' deal. it remains a loopy volume of money and nonetheless is a reasonably super deal, yet Pujols needs greater effective than 25 million a 365 days.

• 8 years ago

I agree with phenoem, it ultimately depends on the pitching staff. So what if a team has good power hitters like pujols and reyes, the pitching staff needs to back up the runs that the offense provides.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

Cleveland 11/11/11(funny,.?)

Those Marlins resembles The Mets,..In that they've won two(2) World Series,.?!?

Want them to be The Fantastic Marlins,.or,.The Amazing Marlins,."They just won their Third

World Series,.?!??"

Could happen,.By adding Pulols, Reyes and another of those top performers,.They certain-

ly may do it,."Win Another one,..!" Yup,.?!

Eliasis Yahwehei ( The Main Man )

• If that happens and they can add some pitching as well that would be really sick. On paper the marlins would be considered instant contenders.

• 8 years ago

They would be a great team except they would need a few better players to try to go for the title

• 8 years ago

They need a stronger pitching staff

• 8 years ago

They'd score some runs all right, but boy they still need pitching.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.