?
? asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 9 years ago

Whats one of your favorite films based on a novel/book?

BQ Did you read the book or watch the film 1st?

BQ2 If you read the book 1st before watching the movie,what impressed you most about the movie?

Favorite Answer

To Kill A Mockingbird

In cases when I first read the book then see the movie, I'm usually disappointed by the movie, because when I read the book I somehow dive into the minds of the characters, it's more detailed, I set my imagination free, movies kind of restrict people's mind, you watch what the others have chosen for u to see. That's why I prefer to see the movie first and then to read the book. Well, some of my favourite adaptations are The Client (by Grisham's novel), A Walk To Remember, Pride and Prejudice, Mary Shelley's Frankenstein, Vanity Fair, etc.

Blindness. I had to read the book in high school then a few months later the movie came out. I was really disappointed in the movie. As in most films adapted from books they left out alot of parts that were in the book.

To try and avoid repeating others, I'll go with ...

The Ruins (2008)

BQ: Heard about the movie and found out it was based on a book, so off to the library I went to read it first.

BQ2: Although they changed around who was who a bit in the movie, overall they followed the book pretty close. The gore factor was pretty good too.

• Erika

i %. the single action picture that didnt get the dignity it deserved "The hurricane" Denzel Washington performs Rubin Hurrican Carter, a guy who by no potential have been given a hazard in existence. He grew up in a racialy based city, put in penitentiary for something he didnt do. from that 2d on, a similar detective who placed him in penitentiary the 1st time would hang-out him each min of his existence. As he tries to alter right into a boxer (almost champion) the worst element happens. 2 adult men attack a white bar, killing 4 human beings. they only ensue to force a similar automobile as Rubin, and while he's pulled over that comparable nighttime, 2 adult men who witnessed the attack are talked into blaming him for it. he's sent to penitentiary for existence alongside with a guy who onyl reason he became into using with Rubin became into because of the fact they were at a bar and left jointly, rubin giving him a strengthen residing house. the two have been sentenced to existence. Rubin Spends the subsequent 30 years in penitentiary, and the international starts off to forget him. He writes a e book, which a baby who's a no person, techniques up at some point (only because of the fact he had to income a thank you to study), and starts off to desire to discover the actuality. this youngster and the folk coaching him college, artwork jointly and turn the actuality against the detective and the adult men who helped placed rubin in penitentiary. after some 30 years he's ultimately freed. In 1990 or so he became into given a definite accomedation from the Boxing association a center Weight championship belt, not because of the fact he gained it, yet because of the fact he fought for 30 years for justice. I constantly felt this became into between the right video clips I unquestionably have ever seen.

• Bread

Forrest Gump

Fight Club (although I plan to read the book)

BQ: I haven't read the book of either.

The Hours film and novel were both great.

Source(s): Saw and Read Both.

Shawshank redemption was based on a Stephen King novella. I'm yet to read it.

lord of the rings

the shawshank redemption

the green mile