does your bank charge you for checking your balance at a atm that is not from your bank?

I have chase and they would charge just to view your balance from a non-chase atm. does your banks do that too? is it standard to charge to view?

just to let you know you wont always have your checkbook with you, like at work. and your not always on a computer to go online to check it.

Favorite Answer

it depends on the bank some do -some don't when i was with cal national they didn't -they were taken over

by USbank -which did charge me; then since i turned 55 years old they change my checking to a premiere

account -where they don't charge me

it also might depend on the type of account you have with the bank

you are better off calling or going online to check your balance

If you use an ATM other than your bank's, you will likely be charged for any kind of transaction -- balance check, statement, withdrawl. Charge will vary depending on the ATM system -- $1 to $3. Sometimes your bank will also charge you for certain transactions on an out of network ATM. Watch out for ATMs at convenience stores. You might get hit with a fee from your bank and the ATM.

Actually, it's probably the other bank that is charging to use their ATM.

But why in the world would you use an ATM to check your bank balance? Don't you keep a check register to track on your checks and debit transactions? The bank has no way of knowing what transactions you have that haven't hit the bank yet. Relying on the bank to keep track of your available balance is a very bad idea.

Source(s): BD

Of course. My bank charges me each time I do this. I often avoid checking my balance at a ATM of not my bank.

IF you deserved a checking account, one who does not know to the cent what is in their account at any second is one who does not deserve a checking account, then you should know what is in that account every second. Keep your damn ledger correctly and accurately and you would not have to spend the fee to find out you would know.

It pisses me off when people are so irresponsible then bitchhhh because they are charged fees! You could also check your balance online too!

And NO my bank does not charge me because I do not use the ATM to balance my checking account!

Yes I remember I was at a bowling alley, I had 21.50 and needed. 20 Out for cash, and they said I had insufficient funds because of the 2.00 fee I used to check my balance to see if I had enough, it was BS Lol

• Tricia

yes that is a feeable situation.

Source(s): life experience