What is the true meaning of jihad?

Best Answer

It means struggle, and is contemplated from two aspects - the inner struggle against evil every man must wage; but more than the this, in the context of Islam it means warring against all that opposes Islam, and bringing it into subjection by force.

Not being a Muslim, I cannot translate the word jihad. The definition is infinite according to who you are, and what you believe. I am an American born 1/2 Hungarian, and 1/2 Dutch. My mother was born in Romania 1923, under Communist rule and immigrated to the US when she was 16. Dad was American born to Parents one Dutch and one Welsh. Mom worked during WWII building B-17 Bombers, Dad joined the Marines and fought on Okinawa to preserve OUR Freedom. I am a decendant of both. jihad better mean PEACE, because if it doesn't The USA will change the definition!!

Basically two meanings. Jihad can mean Holy War. Jihad can mean inner War.

Jihad means spiritual journey.

The terrorists just use it to make their acts sound holy.

It means struggle.

War with non believers.

Source(s): Atheist

To snuggle.

'holy war'