Math Major, Finance Minor?

I am currently thinking of doing a math major with finance minor but I have a couple questions. First, does this seem like a good combo? and second, what track (pure, applied, statistics) would be best to pair with a finance minor?

I am only a freshman so I still have time but I'm just trying to feel things out right now. As for grad school, it is a definite possibility given the competition for jobs today but I cannot say for certain one way or the other.

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

I say it is a great combo (even better if you also major in finance instead of just the minor, but if not no worries). As far as picking a math track, do whichever interests you the most, since no matter which one you choose, it will be applicable to finance. Also, the math undergrad degree is great for grad school. Of all the people I know in finance grad school (be it masters or PhD), well over ha;f have a math undergrad degree.

• yuste
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

that's in simple terms what i think of: Minors prepare your interest, so specific a waste of time. A finance important could in no way pick a math minor for something. And civil engineering has not something to do with finance.

• s t
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Be a math teacher, get early retirement,,,,,,,,, sorry, no jobs in finance like the school said their were.. the nursing school I go to is full of business majors who are having to do college twice.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.