Why are metalhead purists/elitists so stupid and irrelevant on youtube and outside youtube?

To be honest, I'm a metalhead myself that listens to the NWOBHW, Thrash, Death metal, black metal, grindcore to like post hardcore, metalcore, deathcore, emo, indie rock, pop punk, power pop, and country pop etc. It just makes me mad and pissed off, that I can't express my unique self and my individuality... show more To be honest, I'm a metalhead myself that listens to the NWOBHW, Thrash, Death metal, black metal, grindcore to like post hardcore, metalcore, deathcore, emo, indie rock, pop punk, power pop, and country pop etc. It just makes me mad and pissed off, that I can't express my unique self and my individuality musically, socially, mentally, and physically.

Physically, I dress in my own unique way which is different to most metalheads and sometimes I get criticized for how much color or preppiness I have in my clothing. Do metalheads seriously have to be a friggin flock of sheep in order to physically buy in to be accepted and respected by other metalheads?

Mentally and musically, it seems that in the metal community, you are not entitled to other music tastes but metal music, Specifically saying, you are called a "poser" if you listen to other genres purists hate. What is the deal? What's wrong with listening to other genres of music, specifically the "core"? (if you know what I mean) Other than music taste, why do some people other than just purist metalheads, go onto videos on youtube they hate just to comment and piss others off?? Why not just ignore the videos/music you don't like, instead of bashing it immaturely?

And socially, it seems that metalheads should ONLY hang out with metalheads, which I think is dumb. Would it really hurt to hang with another person with different traits and tastes than you?

This may seem vague or just a little too much background info., but I think that overall metal purists are the negative factors that make us metalheads look bad and instead of supporting metal, they put down metal making it even more hated. What do you guys think?