Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Games & RecreationVideo & Online Games · 9 years ago

Skyrim HARD COPIE for pc needs steam?

I have pre ordered skyrim for the PC and will get it tonight at Midnight, but i do not have steam. Do I need steam to be able to play skyrim? Is steam free? Am I screwed out of my game because I dont have steam?????????

Favorite Answer

You do need Steam, which is a free download, to run Skyrim, unless you download a crack for Skyrim to circumvent Steam.

But after the initial activation via Steam online, and likely an update already which will automatically download, you can have Steam restart in offline mode and never have to connect to the Steam server when playing Skyrim.

But, whenever you start Skyrim the Steam program will start, asking every time whether you want offline or online mode, and you'll have to select offline mode, assuming it works exactly as it does for Fallout: New Vegas, which I'm sure it will.

• Lise

No you don't have to If you own a copy, but you can type the key onto steam if you want to download it from steam

So we do or don't? got one guy saying we do another says we don't. I need to know because right now im not in a place where I can update games on my steam account, the internet where I am at is, lets say, below 56k . quite a pity i know, but i have no choice.

steam is free

No, you don't need Steam.

However I have no idea why you don't have Steam downloaded already. Go on, it's free.