Is sex a weapon to the GOP?
There's a war raging within the GOP. Neo-cons and Tea Party people fighting for control. They smear each other with sex. Cain gets hit about his history of sexual harasment. And now rumors are flying that Rick Perry is gay. How's Romney staying so clean? Of course, the all time epic use of someone's sexuallity as a weapon against a political opponent was the impeachment of Clinton.
- Anonymous8 years agoFavorite Answer
Yes. Sex has always been an obsession and a weapon to the GOP, and they hate women especially. You are probably aware that they just tried to pass a law in Mississippi that would not only stop abortion, but deprive women of the pill, IUDs, and life-saving surgeries such as for ectopic pregnancy, or even if she needed cancer care while pregnant, she could not get it as it would harm the fetus.
Yes! Committing crimes against women is a job qualification if you're going to run for office as a Republican. Their agenda for women and children is pure hate – it supports rape, murder, poverty, starvation, ignorance, pregnancy and slavery. Here is a list of misogynistic bills introduced by Republicans during just two weeks in February, 2011, showing what they want for women.
1) Rape: Republicans are actually trying to redefine rape to exclude drugging a women and raping her, or getting her drunk and raping her. After a major backlash, they promised to stop. But they haven't the language is still out there.
2) More Rape. A state legislator in Georgia wants to change the legal term for victims of rape, stalking, and domestic violence to "accuser." But victims of other crimes, like robbery, would remain "victims." Apparently in Georgia if a woman is raped, she isn’t really – is just an annoying accuser. Which means the rapist is not really a criminal.
3) Murder. In South Dakota, Republicans proposed a bill that could make it legal to murder anyone who injures or threatens a fetus, including a doctor who provides abortion care and the mother. He denies it has anything to do with abortion so I guess it is aimed at making it OK for a husband or boyfriend to kill his partner if he thinks she might injure the fetus- like in a car accident, or he just doesn’t like her anymore.
4) Starvation. Republicans want to cut nearly a billion dollars of food and other aid to low-income pregnant women, mothers, babies, and kids. But payments to corporations to not grow food, to keep prices high? Those are still in the budget.
5) Death. In Congress, Republicans have proposed a bill that would let hospitals allow a woman to die rather than perform an abortion necessary to save her life (so she and fetus die).
6) Ignorance and slavery. Maryland Republicans ended all county money for a low-income kids' preschool program. Why? No need, they said. Women should really be home with the kids, not out working. They should be slaves to their husbands instead.
7) More ignorance. At the federal level, Republicans want to cut that same program, Head Start, by $1 billion. That means over 200,000 kids could lose their spots in preschool.
8) Poverty and starvation. Two-thirds of the elderly poor are women, and Republicans are taking aim at them too. A spending bill would cut funding for employment services, meals, and housing for senior citizens.
9) Sickness. Congress voted on a Republican amendment to cut all federal funding from Planned Parenthood health centers, one of the most trusted providers of basic health care and family planning in our country.
10) Barefoot and pregnant. And if that wasn't enough, Republicans are pushing to eliminate all funds for the only federal family planning program. (For humans only - Republican Dan Burton, who supports eliminating funds for family planning has introduced a bill to provide contraception for wild horses. Horses have more value to him than America’s women?)
Mock the link if you like, folks, but you can verify all this for yourself using Google.
- HobbitLv 78 years ago
That's not a war. The Tea Party is just the latest nae for the neoconservatives. What yo have is the current crop of low-lights playing king of the hill.
Given what we are hearing. I have to say all the GOP sex talk is just talk. At least with Clinton, you had a man with enough going for him to actually get some, even if he shouldn't have.
- Anonymous8 years ago
Liberal media outlets and donors are wielding sex as a weapon lately.
Go on hire another aging bimbo I'll still vote for Cain.
- 8 years ago
Romney stays clean because he wears "magic mormon underwear" look it up if you think I'm lying.
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- chuck_juniorLv 78 years ago
Ask Bill Clinton.
Or A. Weiner.
Or the 400 dollar haircut boy who cheated on his terminally ill wife that's going to prison.
I didn't know they belonged to the GOP.