Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelUnited StatesOther - United States · 9 years ago

Arizona or New Mexico?

Which state do you think is better? As far as:

Things to do:

Weather:

Universities:

Nicest Cities:

Malls/Shopping:

Scenery:

Jobs:

Vacation & Tourism:

Population:

The cleaner state:

The more evolved state:

And anymore :)

@AuntEater... Are you serious!? Have you been to Arizona? 1.) There is NO way New Mexico is more populated than Arizona - AZ has almost 7 million people and New Mexico has yet to meet 1 1/2 million. 2.) Nicest cities goes to New Mexico? WHAT!!? Name one city in NM and I can name an even nicer city in Arizona. New Mexico has no Scottsdale, Tempe, Chandler, Phoenix, Paradise Valley, Gilbert... Etc 3.) SHOPPING!?!? Arizona has some of the largest shopping malls in the US, EVERY city in AZ has their own mall, I suggest you look up the Scottsdale Fashion Square. And the hundreds of shopping Plazas on every corner in AZ. The city of Tucson has more things than the entire state of New Mexico. Tucson itself is bigger that Albuquerque... 4.) Cleanliness, vacation spots and scenery are very arguable... Because New Mexico has NONE of that... :)

Favorite Answer

Arizona's weather is pretty unbearable during the summer, at least in Phoenix where I live. (Its pretty good in places)

There is lots of indoor things to do as well as many great hiking/camping/canyoneering locations.

ASU. Enough said.

Tempe, Scottsdale, Oro Valley, Marana are just a few of the great places in AZ.

Scottsdale Fashion Square. Yes. Chandler Fashion Center and Arizona Mills are pretty good too.

Amazing scenery/sunsets. Why do you think our flag depicts a sunset?

Jobs are average I would say.

Pretty good tourism destinations/hotels/attractions. (Water parks, hiking again, spas, shopping)

Its a fairly average population. Phoenix and surrounding areas are big, as well as Tucson and many other cities.

I'm not sure one can judge on cleanliness, but ASU does have a sustainability major so I would guess it is "greener"

Arizona is probably more evolved, but then again, Ive never lived in NM

Hope I helped!

Source(s): Born and raised in the beautiful AZ

Things to do: new mexico

Weather: new mexico

Universities: arizona

Nicest Cities: new mexico

Malls/Shopping: new mexico

Scenery: new mexico

Jobs: arizona

Vacation & Tourism: new mexico

Population: new mexico

The cleaner state: new mexico

The more evolved state: arizona

I go to Arizona once a year. I chose NM for population because I prefer a smaller population. "Nicest cities goes to New Mexico? WHAT!!? Name one city in NM and I can name an even nicer city in Arizona" Well, there are Santa Fe and Albuquerque. Better than Phoenix or Tucson in my book. But this is arguable. "New Mexico has no Scottsdale, Tempe, Chandler, Phoenix, Paradise Valley, Gilbert..." Those are all insignificant suburbs that have nothing related to your criteria... "Cleanliness, vacation spots and scenery are very arguable... Because New Mexico has NONE of that... :)" Oh really? Then why did I just go to Santa Fe and Albuquerque, which were both very clean, especially compared to Phoenix. Then I went to the Albuquerque Balloon Festival and later, downtown Santa Fe which offers many great historic sites and places to shop (aka vacation spots). New Mexico has amazing scenery compared to Arizona. Arizona is most high plains, desert, forest, and more desert. Santa Fe offers more interesting scenery with rock outcroppings, more hills, etc.

You can try to prove me wrong again if you want... And then lose again:)

The only worthwhile jobs in AZ are in Phoenix. Live anywhere else and you will be competing with many others for minimum wage jobs at hotels/restaurants. AZ lives off tourism.