When was the last time Republicans cut spending or limited the size and scope of government?

Without conservative philosophy practical politics mean nothing For all my limited government beliefs, my desire to drastically reduce Federal Power, diminish bureaucracy and advocacy for the Constitution....................When are these agendas ever going to actually materialize?????? And if they aren't... show more Without conservative philosophy practical politics mean nothing

For all my limited government beliefs, my desire to drastically reduce Federal Power, diminish bureaucracy and advocacy for the Constitution....................When are these agendas ever going to actually materialize?????? And if they aren't why bother at all????

Most all the GOP contenders that are running for president are doing so on the platform of making Obama a one term president...............BUT THEN WHAT??????

More government growth, more government spending, and more Federal power???? Just like Bush??

Call me crazy but battling on if the DNC or GOP might better manage a system of an ever increasing big government isn't really worth my time..................

Ronald Reagan was the best and most conservative president of the last half century and government EXPLODED under his leadership....................

Is there a conservative that can accomplish what Reagan could not?

Is conservatism today simply a matter of making big government more Republican?

SA@TheDC - Conservatism for What?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgS1toOI-ug&feature=feedu