What is the difference between stage 1 and stage 2 baby food?

I know that some you guys will bash me for what im about to say, so PLEASE DONT DO IT! I started giving my 4 monthold cereal with some fruits over a month ago due to reflux. YES he is on meds and YES his doctor said to go for it. Well, now he has been cleared for all stage 1 foods. When I had the extra money,... show more I know that some you guys will bash me for what im about to say, so PLEASE DONT DO IT!
I started giving my 4 monthold cereal with some fruits over a month ago due to reflux. YES he is on meds and YES his doctor said to go for it. Well, now he has been cleared for all stage 1 foods. When I had the extra money, i went out and got a ton of stage 1 and stage 2 foods. I have given him some stage 2 foods, the ones he has already eaten like apple sauce, pears, and sweet tators. Theres more but thats just an example. today I looked at the ingred and they are the same! Soo why do they start on those at 5-6 months..if they are the same thing?!!? Someone said thickness is higher..well if thats the case he can be on stage 2 also cause his cereal is pretty thick.
Update: Karen did you read ANYTHING I said? From the looks of it your a nurse, asis my mom. My mom even agreed with his ped. Look, if you dont agree then thats fine BUT dont tell me im lazy and dont want to feed my kid!! He is my second. My first whom is 10 and VERY healthy, had the same problem..acid REFLUX! The only... show more Karen did you read ANYTHING I said? From the looks of it your a nurse, asis my mom. My mom even agreed with his ped. Look, if you dont agree then thats fine BUT dont tell me im lazy and dont want to feed my kid!! He is my second. My first whom is 10 and VERY healthy, had the same problem..acid REFLUX! The only reason we gave it them these boys was because the peds told us to do it! I STILL feed him bottles..matter off fact he gets 3 8oz bottles in a day! I can not STAND people like you who assume! I told you WHY now either dont post or keep your rude a$$ comments to yoru self!
Update 2: Yo! thats kind of what i was thinking. He has had a couple stage 2 foods like i said..but meats are a no god. Ive tried and one he dont like them and two he dont like them lol. He has had mango 2 times, he did ok with that but he kind of got..clogged up lol. So i stopped those for now. OH and Karen, there are... show more Yo! thats kind of what i was thinking. He has had a couple stage 2 foods like i said..but meats are a no god. Ive tried and one he dont like them and two he dont like them lol. He has had mango 2 times, he did ok with that but he kind of got..clogged up lol. So i stopped those for now. OH and Karen, there are things mommies like ME can do to unclog a baby besides submit them to an ER where he would be screaming MORE and LOUDER with all the pocking you guys would do to him. Its called Pears and Prunes! and at times apple juice from Gerber....so yes I DO know what im talking about. Untill YOU get a baby who is screaming 24 hours a day, and youve tried colic meds, fed him more, burped him, changed him and done everything else under the sun, dont talk to me! YOU have be reported for what you said!
I did NOT push my baby to start solids! He STILL get s FULL bottle, 3 like I said a day..he does NOT miss one single oz of them due to eating. GRR I HATE when people assume!!
Update 3: Well then would he be ok with stage 2 cause his cereal is pretty thick? I dont give him anything he hasnt eaten. I do try certain ones here and there but i was told only stage 1..