Pursue psychology or criminal justice?

I am currently a sophomore at my university. I am looking for a career that I can help people improve there life. I would like my career to be a monday-friday type job. Any pay over 25-30 a year is fine by me.(obviously a higher salary would be cool tho). I like the thought of working with people daily but I... show more I am currently a sophomore at my university. I am looking for a career that I can help people improve there life. I would like my career to be a monday-friday type job. Any pay over 25-30 a year is fine by me.(obviously a higher salary would be cool tho). I like the thought of working with people daily but I also enjoy working independently on things(paperwork, problem solving, research, etc). Salary has little importance to me, I just really want to have a job that I enjoy. I am currently pursuing a Criminal Justice Degree but probation is the only career that I am interested in in the CJ field. Im afraid that if i get a degree in CJ I will either be unable to find a job in probation or I wont like probation and I'll be stuck with a CJ degree and nothing to do with it. My other biggest option is Psych. I know this would take a bit more schooling which im unsure about but I find Psychology to be extemely interesting. I am definitely interested in the thought of analyzing and researching behavior and/or helping people with problems. I am wondering what major I should pursue to give me the best chance at having a career I enjoy.
5 answers 5