Americans...why can't we all put our petty differences aside and elect Ron Paul OVERWHELMINGLY?

If we are "the 99%", he is certainly speaking our language. Why not put him in there? What can I do to separate myself from the rest of the political 'trolls' here? Aside from lifting some of the privacy from my profile and allowing you to see what I have done here, let me throw some REAL numbers at you:

$400K/per year salary

$100K/per year travel

+$75K/per year expense account

___________________________

$575/per year

x      4 years GUARANTEED

_______________________

$2.3M Total

That's POTUS.

RP has said:

NO to $100K/travel

NO to $75K/expenses

and will accept just under $40K/ per year as salary.

That's NUTS, isn't it?!?! We're sitting in the middle of one of the bleakest financial periods in recent history, and they want us to ignore and forget the guy who has our best interests at heart. Yeah, $2.2M may not sound like a s--tload of savings when we're talking trillions, BUT HE WANTS TO DO THE SAME WITH CONGRESS. Let's go with a ballpark figure of cutting $250K/per year each from 535 members of Congress...that's just under $134M/per year, or $535M for four years. $537 MILLION...and that's before he makes cuts to the everyday gov't spending.

We've seen the way that things have gone Dem-to-'Pub and then 'Pub-to-Dem. Isn't it time to try something new? I'm looking for well-thought-out arguments in opposition to my views. Any better ideas? ...and yes, it should be obvious to all of us that the current "two-party" system is failing us...take a look around. WE'RE THERE. I really want to hear what's stopping you from supporting Dr. Paul...and no "He's just too strange" or "crazy". STRANGE AND CRAZY OLD MEN ARE WHAT GOT US STARTED...and things were going good AND GETTING BETTER for a while. What's stopping you from, in my eyes, turning things back around?

@The Mendicant: If everyone shared your attitude, he could win the election itself as a third-party candidate. If I thought that the majority of the people in this country had the average intelligence that someone with a high-school diploma should have, the first three answers (from the Mendicant, Joseph, and Les) would come as no surprise to me. Then we have your run-of-the-mill "isolationist" answer...and then this one immediately followed from the Decider:

"Because the people don't elect the president, the electoral college does."

...and that's some true s**t. We need to take a second look at the electoral college and make sure that things are running square there, because if they aren't, WE CAN CHANGE THINGS...and that's what makes America so great.

Then we have an obvious globalist puppet, a veteran with s**tty grammar skills, and an educated Lib-tard...and where there's one or two idiots, more are sure to follow. It looks like our only hope may be that 6-7 years of meth-lab ex

plosions and 2 years of severe winter weather has killed off some of the like-minded.

Favorite Answer

I am 110% for Ron Paul, and even as a moderate Democrat, I'd vote for him over Obama.

The problem is, the Republican primary is convoluted right now and I'm not sure he'll make it out. He'd do awesome in the general election, though, if he does make it out.

• NONAME

Too many statists who are under mind control, don't understand whats happening in the US, don't know the Constitution or the founding fathers, dont understand the principles of a free society, know nothing about history..

Too much laziness, watching tv and justin bieber, going to government propaganda daycares for 12 years. Too much fox,, msnbc, cnn.. etc..

Ron Paul wants to abolish the EPA, the Dept of Education and basically all Federal Regulations on the Wall Street. I watched the debate where he said that the unemployed should essentially just die if they don't have insurance. There is no way I could support him.

I am vehemently anti-legal weed, pro-choice, I don't like the Dept of Education but I hate my state more.

Why don't you tell me how the man both the right and the left hates is going to get that sorry congress to do anything. And if you think he can just do "executive orders", I don't want a dictator.

I do not own a bomb shelter. Do you? What do you think will happen if we suddenly pull all our troops from everywhere??

Lastly, my 12yr old had a good point when he asked if old Paul could live through 4 years as president.

Because Ron Paul although he has some good ideas he also has some very bad ones. He would not be good for America but like I said he has some good ideas to contribute.

Because the people don't elect the president, the electoral college does.

I use to like Dr. Paul but the longer he talked the crazier he sounds.

"I will be able to take the defective brain out of the skull, repair the brain and place it back in the skull thus curing the mentally defective."

~Dr. Ludwig Frankenstein ~

Locally entrenched globalists.

because the gold standard would be a disaster.

I support the 1964 civil rights act

I like voting for seantors

I dont like pollution

I know its not 1778

• PoBoy

Because Paul is a social Neanderthal who would impose his religious beliefs on America, by force of law. He is even out of step with the voters of Mississippi! How do you think his zealotry would play in the north?