Americans...why can't we all put our petty differences aside and elect Ron Paul OVERWHELMINGLY?

If we are "the 99%", he is certainly speaking our language. Why not put him in there? What can I do to separate myself from the rest of the political 'trolls' here? Aside from lifting some of the privacy from my profile and allowing you to see what I have done here, let me throw some REAL numbers... show more If we are "the 99%", he is certainly speaking our language. Why not put him in there? What can I do to separate myself from the rest of the political 'trolls' here? Aside from lifting some of the privacy from my profile and allowing you to see what I have done here, let me throw some REAL numbers at you:

$400K/per year salary
$100K/per year travel
+$75K/per year expense account
___________________________
$575/per year
x      4 years GUARANTEED
_______________________
$2.3M Total

That's POTUS.

RP has said:
NO to $100K/travel
NO to $75K/expenses
and will accept just under $40K/ per year as salary.

That's NUTS, isn't it?!?! We're sitting in the middle of one of the bleakest financial periods in recent history, and they want us to ignore and forget the guy who has our best interests at heart. Yeah, $2.2M may not sound like a s--tload of savings when we're talking trillions, BUT HE WANTS TO DO THE SAME WITH CONGRESS. Let's go with a ballpark figure of cutting $250K/per year each from 535 members of Congress...that's just under $134M/per year, or $535M for four years. $537 MILLION...and that's before he makes cuts to the everyday gov't spending.

We've seen the way that things have gone Dem-to-'Pub and then 'Pub-to-Dem. Isn't it time to try something new? I'm looking for well-thought-out arguments in opposition to my views. Any better ideas? ...and yes, it should be obvious to all of us that the current "two-party" system is failing us...take a look around. WE'RE THERE. I really want to hear what's stopping you from supporting Dr. Paul...and no "He's just too strange" or "crazy". STRANGE AND CRAZY OLD MEN ARE WHAT GOT US STARTED...and things were going good AND GETTING BETTER for a while. What's stopping you from, in my eyes, turning things back around?
Update: @The Mendicant: If everyone shared your attitude, he could win the election itself as a third-party candidate. If I thought that the majority of the people in this country had the average intelligence that someone with a high-school diploma should have, the first three answers (from the Mendicant, Joseph, and Les)... show more @The Mendicant: If everyone shared your attitude, he could win the election itself as a third-party candidate. If I thought that the majority of the people in this country had the average intelligence that someone with a high-school diploma should have, the first three answers (from the Mendicant, Joseph, and Les) would come as no surprise to me. Then we have your run-of-the-mill "isolationist" answer...and then this one immediately followed from the Decider:

"Because the people don't elect the president, the electoral college does."

...and that's some true s**t. We need to take a second look at the electoral college and make sure that things are running square there, because if they aren't, WE CAN CHANGE THINGS...and that's what makes America so great.

Then we have an obvious globalist puppet, a veteran with s**tty grammar skills, and an educated Lib-tard...and where there's one or two idiots, more are sure to follow. It looks like our only hope may be that 6-7 years of meth-lab ex
Update 2: plosions and 2 years of severe winter weather has killed off some of the like-minded.