I am going into Operations Intelligence, what is it like?

I have just signed a 4 year contract to enlist into the Air Force in the field Operations Intelligence, and I was wondering what it is like and what tech school will be like. Is it a hard job?

Favorite Answer

Military information, particularly classified information about enemies or potential enemies, is called "intelligence." Intelligence specialists analyze intelligence data. They break down information to determine its usefulness in military planning. From this intelligence data, they prepare materials that describe in detail the features of strategic and tactical areas all over the world.

The duties performed by ISs include:

analyzing intelligence information;

identifying and producing intelligence from raw information; assembling and analyzing multi-source operational intelligence; preparing and presenting intelligence briefings; preparing planning materials for photographic reconnaissance missions; analyzing the results, preparing reports.

preparing graphics, overlays and photo/map composites; plotting imagery data using maps and charts;

providing input to and receive data from computerized intelligence systems ashore and afloat; maintaining intelligence databases, libraries and files.