Whats wrong with music today?

There is no originality in music anymore, I have tried almost every genre, and the RIAA makes it even worse. They sue people for so much money for downloading a song for free and try to scare the public into buying this crap it makes no sense. What is the point of buying a song if you are just going to stop listening to it in two weeks. I bought Britney Spears new song "Till the World Ends" on iTunes earlier this year when it first came out as a single, and I got sick of it in less than a week I wasted $1.29 on this song and I was pissed. I do like Listening to Lady GaGa she writes all of her songs to my knowledge, she also stands up for what she believes in but people are sick of her. I don't understand why and how Justin Bieber is still so popular he and a few other artists are the reason why i have given up on music. Most music that is out on the radio is all about sex and drugs and violence I love Coldplay, and Within Temptation most of my friends only listen to whats popular and the majority of them love Nicki Minaj and Lil Wayne they don't even know what Auto-Tune is which in my opinion has destroyed music. Mainstream music sounds the same and the most of the lyrics in todays songs make no sense. Music used to come from the writers heart now its all about the money "who ever said that beauty on the inside is a lie. cause what im looking at right now would make a big girl cry." or "Drop that *** make it boomerang Take my belt off b*tch I'm Pootie Tang Tippy tow tippy tay you gonna get a tip today F*ck that you gonna get some d*ck today" I know that all music is not like this but most of it is being played on the radio. It makes me sick to my stomach hearing this crap. Listen to Natalia Kills New song "Heaven" that's the kind of music that i like it has feeling and makes a point she is talking about her grandfather who died. Does anyone else feel this way about music???

I know some of this made no sense but I had to get my point out. By the way I am 19

I am currently listening to

Adele

Alanis Morissette

Amy Winehouse

Anastacia

Armin van Buuren

Audioslave

Beth Ditto

Birdy

Björk

Clare Maguire

Coldplay

The Cure

David Guetta

deadmau5

Dev

Dragonette

Ellie Goulding

Emii

Esmée Denters

Eva Simons

Evanescence

Fefe Dobson

Florence + The Machine

Florrie

Goldfrapp

Gorillaz

Hannah

Ian Van Dahl

Jessie and the Toy Boys

Joss Stone

Kate Ryan

Kelis

Kerli

The Killers

Kristinia Debarge

KT Tunstall

Kylie Minogue

La Roux

Lady GaGa

Lamb

Lena Katina

Lights

Linkin Park

Lisa Miskovsky

Little Boots

Live

M.I.A.

MC Solaar

Mêlée

Muse

The Naked and Famous

Natalia Kills

Natasha Bedingfield

Neon Hitch

Nightwish

Oh Land

Origa

Paramore

Roger Sanchez

Sahara Hotnights

Sarah Brightman

Sarah Connor

Stefy

t.A.T.u.

Tamar Kaprelian

Tokio Hotel

Within Temptation

Wynter Gordon

Yeah Yeah Yeahs

Ysa Ferrer

Zoë Badwi

Just because I'm black don't mean I love Rap ;)

Favorite Answer

its simple. the music industry formulates all the music that runs through them so even the bands with an artistic bent are not given complete freedom by producers. there's no progress cuz the music industry won't allow it. indie music is a lot more loose than mainstream. that's not to say it isn't good the first time. but after a while you realize you're listening to a song thats been recycled 100 times over. the reason the sixties and seventies were so great is cuz people were encouraged to be artistic and took advantage of that. thats why there is so much diversity in that era. now its all about money.

Source(s): that is not to say that there isn't good music now. but it really comes no where close to the music back then.

I like allot of the music you listen to. Especially Tokio Hotel!!

It's not original any more cos all the best ideas have already been taken

It's just not like it was in the old days

Look at something outside of mainstream, stop being ignorant.

illuminati controlled them

Whats wrong with you? I love the music today!

they is always good and bad.