Why is the GOP against Cain so much?

I don't know much about the man's background (his view on politics, etc.) other than, from what I hear, he's very conservative. That being said, why is the GOP against his running for presidential candidacy?

Also, (this is what I heard, so forgive me if I'm wrong) wasn't his alleged sexual harassment merely his stating that this woman (what's her face) was "shorter than [his] wife"? I don't know.

I guess I ask this because this happened so long ago, yet no one bothers talking about what Clinton did (ALL that he did). Yes? No?

Favorite Answer

Some of the GOP support Cain. Cain appears to be the victim of GOP dirty tricks by a competing primary campaign. Cain is falling in the polls now because people believe he did not answer honestly when charges of harassment were first raised.

Personally, I oppose Cain because his 999 tax plan would raise taxes on the less rich 80% of Americans, while lowering taxes for the richest 20%. As long as Cain didn't break the law, I don't care what he did 20 years ago.

Regarding what Clinton did, the GOP considered Clinton's activity between consenting adults so heinous they impeached him for it. The GOP would look very hypocritical indeed if they gave Cain a pass after impeaching Clintion. Likewise the Democrats would look hypocritical if they were willing to forgive Clinton's behavior, but not Cain's (assuming Cain didn't break the law.) But like I said, this looks like dirty tricks from a competing Republican campaign, with the Democrats on the sidelines just being amused by the show.

.

The GOP loves Cain. He is from the Tea party, though, which is the illegitimate offspring of the GOP and funded by the Koch brothers (things don't go better with Koch).

Cain is a fool and another hate-mongering idiot, which is typical of the GOP and the gun law abusing, threat making tea party.

As society wises up to his arrogant disregard for campaign financing laws and sexual assault laws, he will lose in the polls, even before the primaries are over.

Source(s): Investigate, fully, every elected official running before you cast your ballot. They may not support every issue that you do, but always vote for the one that supports the most important issues that affect you.

1. He does not know what the right of return is?

2. He was not aware China has nuclear weapons. He described them as being a threat???

3. He quoted a Pokemon song.

4. He describes himself as a ice cream that has been discontinued (Back walnut)

5. His tax plan would hurt the middle class.

6. His tax plan was created by a wells fargo employee in Ohio.

7. He blinks too much.

Source(s): My reasons have nothing to do with his race. His message sucks. He stumbles over words. We already have one inexperienced president, We dont need another.

They may not find him as hardcore as Rick Perry or Tea Party figures.

Source(s): Not linked to either side.

I've read that he hates Muslims and gay people, so that's why I don't like him (even though I'm both straight and Christian). Not sure about why the GOP doesn't though.