Do you think arranged marriages are stupid?

They pick your future wife/husband based on social status. The future wife can only get married to their husband if they pay them dowry (so it is like paying someone to marry you) You don't even love or know the person that well to marry them. Don't say that people with arranged marriages know each other... show more They pick your future wife/husband based on social status. The future wife can only get married to their husband if they pay them dowry (so it is like paying someone to marry you) You don't even love or know the person that well to marry them. Don't say that people with arranged marriages know each other for one year because the do not go on regular dates in one year. One year is not enough to know them. Your parents pick who you are going to marry.You can only marry someone inside your race or only marry someone who lives within the part of the country you live in or sometimes in the country you live in. If u disagree still feel free to answer. Explain ur reasons. It is okay if u disagree.
Update: I agree with you Christina.
Update 2: Dude I am not treading into a culture I do not understand. I know arranged marriage culture. I come from a culture where most people get an arranged marriage and in my culture. Arranged marriages are a common practice in my culture. My whole family believes in arranged marriage. I just disagree with arranged... show more Dude I am not treading into a culture I do not understand. I know arranged marriage culture. I come from a culture where most people get an arranged marriage and in my culture. Arranged marriages are a common practice in my culture. My whole family believes in arranged marriage. I just disagree with arranged marriages, I have to get an arranged marriage after I graduate college and finish my education after college. I know how it feels to know that you are going to have an arranged marriage when you are older. I just feel you guys are kind of judgemental because you do not know where I am coming from. Do NOT stop answering because of this comment. You can still answer whether u agree or not.
Update 3: Don't worry I am going to revolt. I already told my parents that I hate it and I will not change my mind. I am either going to creep everyone who they try to get me to marry out, say no,make them say no, or act really mean to the person that they are trying to get me to marry(if they don't say no ot do not get... show more Don't worry I am going to revolt. I already told my parents that I hate it and I will not change my mind. I am either going to creep everyone who they try to get me to marry out, say no,make them say no, or act really mean to the person that they are trying to get me to marry(if they don't say no ot do not get creeped out)
Update 4: I totally agree Common Sense
Update 5: Disagreeing with my culture is okay because I even disagree with my culture. I really don't like most parts of my culture