Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Games & RecreationVideo & Online Games · 10 years ago

Ezio Auditore was never a real person, as far as I know....?

Okay, so before you start labelling me as 'stupid', just know that I am a HUGE fan of Assassin's Creed and am aware that Ezio Auditore da Firenze from AC:II is just a fictional character. I also know that many of the characters from the game series existed such as Da Vinci, Caterina Sforza, Machievelli, the Borgia's, Lorenzo Medici etc. etc.

However, in a Wikipedia article named 'Ezio Auditore Da Firenze', it has recently been edited to say that Ezio Auditore was in fact a real person during Renaissance Italy who killed Cesare.

I know that's a load of bollocks because you can't trust Wikipedia as it's edited by the public and that particular article was open for editing by the public unlike other locked articles. Also some historians say Cesare was poisoned whilst others say he was killed in battle.

Obviously, historian's have been researching Cesare Borgia's death and so suddenly can't just come up with a theory AFTER the AC games have been release, saying that Ezio killed him? Am I making sense? I'll edit the question if I'm not.

But I was just wondering what people thought. Whoever wrote that on Wikipedia is sprouting **** right?

Favorite Answer

Most likely. The thing that I love so much about the AC series is it's historical settings and imposing the question: Could this have actually happened? Every game gets you thinking about how things like this could happen without us knowing. Anyways, back to the subject. Wikipedia tends to be truthful, atleast when the public can't edit passages, but I don't think it happened. AC takes history and puts an assassin (Altair, Ezio) in the midst and makes the player dwell upon what's fact and fiction.

I am not sure if Ezio or the Auditore family is real, if so I doubt anything like the game. Probably just worked for the Medici. The Borgia's are very much a real family. There have recent been a couple of shows loosely based on them. Rodrigo Borgia was a Pope. Probably one of the best those history has him labeled otherwise. I won't give a history lesson on Borgia but I have done a lot of research on them. Fascinating family.