As a senior citizen would you wear tights again?

I went to Macy's site and looked up some tights as I think they will be warm and look nice under some skirts I plan to wear and then:...tonight I have a big ad from Macy's about tights. How does this happen? How do they get the info about me to put it on my computer.

I did go to our local Macy's and buy some but didn't give them my email address.

these are not really pantyhose as they are opaque and a little heavier than plain nylon.

Best Answer

Yes, I still wear *cotton* tights, as the first of often several winter layers.

However --if they have seams-- I prefer to wear them seam-side / inside out,

to avoid getting uncomfortable creases in my skin.

Search Engines & company Web-sites usually 'take note' of one's interests.

It is all part of their marketing strategy.

• DeeJay

Lona - I have not worn tights - but I do wear insulated long-john types of women's underwear to keep my legs warm. They wouldn't look very good with a skirt.

Anything to keep our legs warm in the Winter. I do also wear leg warmers.

I know what you mean - they/somebody knows every move we make - how and where we shop.

I think it all started in the 90's - when we started using the value card at the grocery store. If we don't use them - we don't get the discount. I didn't like it then and I still don't like it. Everyone should get - the lower price without - the card recording what we buy.

Sorry - I got off track a bit.

DeeJay.

I bought some, and I am definitely going to wear them under a dress or skirt or even a long sweater. I am even considering getting some more leg warmers. They are really warm in the winter, and my feet get cold, so will wear boots with them. Crazy. If you bought some tights, maybe that is how they got your information, or could just be a coincidence.

Source(s): Me.
  • rowlfe

Your browser may have given the information away. Go to

http://www.grc.com

and look into what your browser tells people. Click on Shield's Up and see if you are vulnerable to an outside hacker attack.

-=+=-

By tights, I am guessing you mean what in the USA is called pantyhose, yes? If so, then no, as I am male, but I have a Lady Friend who uses a garter belt and flat knit stockings which are manufactured on looms that still operate in the UK, which is the only country that still is making that kind of hosiery by the way...

• Holly

Yes I would wear them if they looked nice with a certain outfit. It seems preferable to the bare legged look many women are sporting these days.

About the ads you got, I have had that happen many times when I'm searching on here, or even if I paid with a credit card-they seem to know my buying habits. Isn't technology grand! It's as if we're being watched.

I wear tights when cycling in cold weather. Never met any one with guts enough to make a derogatory remark either! I guess that at age 70+ I'm still that intimidating.

Let's park the gas guzzlers and ride! It's a lot more fun!!

I personally think, especially when one is a senior citizen (my mom is 95...) that you can wear anything your heart desires. I frequently take my Mom out in her robe for an ice cream cone as getting her dressed is exhausting to her. So, we've decided that whatever she wants to do (within reason o the law) is fine.

Here's an article I wrote about the sheer hose that are so fashionable today:

http://www.squidoo.com/sheer-pantyhose-the-newest-...

And here's a list of my senior citizen articles if you're interested:

http://www.squidoo.com/caregiver-and-elder-care-ar...

• -

I have leggings to wear under my jeans and long skirts in the winter. They are very warm in the cold windy winter days.

• daisy

I never have. Not even in the mini shirt days. But I have been looking online at stainless steel cookwear sets and did buy a set the other day, so guess what ads I am seeing on my computer? Yup......

I already do wear tights. My 38 inch jeans have become very, very tight. hmmm, maybe they shrunk.