Paper plates or no paper plates on Thanksgiving meal ?

I'm gonna have about 15-20 people or even up to 25 people. Some have not yet confirmed with me.

And honestly, I just want to give them paper plates, knifes & spoons and paper drinking cups too!

Should I or should I not serve my guests paper plates, etc?

Favorite Answer

Get the hefty brand holiday plates! They're fun and functional. No one cares if they don't eat off a solid plate. You're giving them food! Plastic cups, utensils and paper plates will be fine. If anyone has anything to say about it, you can remind them of whose house they are in and where they could be spending Thanksgiving instead of being at your place(:

Thanksgiving Paper Plates

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Source(s): paper plates paper plates thanksgiving meal: https://bitly.im/Fdc2n

I say there is no problem with it. I often use paper plates because I don't have enough dishes for 20 or 30 people, so there is no other practical option. I have too small an apartment to waste space by doubling my dishes just for one meal a year.

Just let them know it's going to be a relaxed, casual meal. Nothing fancy. Make it festive and no one will care.

People load up the plate pretty heavily though so invest in the good, sturdy plates-- the plastic or foam or heavy cardboard.

• Cissie

Go for it!!!

You can get lots of themed paper plates, drinking cups, cutlery, and even table covers and napkins that are great for large family gatherings for Thanksgiving and any other gathering.

It will make it so much easier on you with all the prep. for that amount of people. There will still be a lot of use for the dish washer even then, with all the cookware and veg dishes etc.

My DIL has always done this, and also serves the meal buffet style. She even has a couple of trash cans she keeps just for such times and makes sure everyone knows where they are to dispose of their own plates and stuff. She gets to spend more time with family and guests, and everyone always has a great time. It is one of quite a few ideas of hers I have adopted.

Cissie

Bring it on! We use disposable plates, cups etc at Thanksgiving. Less dishes and it helps to have a little bit of a quicker clean up. I don't think anyone would mind. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

No paper plates-- unless you really have no choice. Thanksgiving is a formal meal, and should be served on china. You can rent china for the day, or just buy cheap china and then sell it after the holiday on Craigslist.

We have a large family, so we use disposable plates at Thanksgiving every year. It's just easier that way for us. Instead of paper plates, we usually buy those Hefty foam ones with the compartments in them, so they can hold a lot of food. :)

• DSL

I have small paper plates for appetizers and desserts. For dinner itself, I use real plates. It's just classier. I also use real glasses for adults and plastic cups for kids. That said, I do use the one-time-use baking and serving dishes as I have never invested in fancy serving dishes.

personally i'd go with paper plates and plastic utensils as well as paper cups. the thing is, with my family when i go over there we have a lot of people and my brother does that. it's easier. otherwise you have all those dishes to wash. and let's face it mark, it's YOU who is doing the work. you put out what you want to put out.