My choice or my partners?

My baby is due the beginning of next year and myself and my partner are having a hard time choosing a name we both like:

For a boy I like Gabriel Jonathan or Charlie Jackson but my partner wants Tucker Torrance after his dads nn and mn.

For a girl I like Lea Cassidy or Pheobe Elizabeth but he doesn't like either but doesn't know what girl names he does like!!!

Please help or give other suggestions I could give to him. Last name begins with A.

Partners dad passed when he was 3 and wasn't a nice man. Partner likes it because he was family and wants to carry on name even though he didn't know him.

I also like Colette as a middle name.

• Sian
    Favorite Answer

Um... your choices. Definitely. Gabriel Jonathan and Charlie Jackson sound a hell of a lot more interesting and creative than Tucker Torrance - no offense to your father-in-law. The only reason why I would go with his option is if the man-in-question that he wants your child named after was dying or had already passed away...

I really like the name Tucker, but not with Torrance. Tucker Gabriel, maybe? In any case, Tucker would need a new mn to be used. Otherwise, I like Gabriel Jonathan.

As for a girl, I like Lea... but I'd steer clear of it, depending on the sound that your surname makes. If it's a hard A, it shouldn't slur, i.e. Lea Ace is ok... However, if it's a soft A, it will slur, i.e. Lea Acton. Say Lea Acton 5x fast, you'll see what I mean. So, Lea Cassidy is my fav if your surname starts with a hard A. If not, I'd say Phoebe Elizabeth.

I like Jackson Gabriel & Lea Cassidy the most.

Don't care for Charlie or Pheobe

Well, clearly I love the name Leah, lol(see avatar). I like all your boys name but Gabriel the least, it is pretty popular right now, Charlie and Tucker are both cute but I like Charlie a bit better. Since he cannot get off the pot and pick a girl's name, tell him he can do Tucker for a boy but you get to name a girl?

Good Luck and Enjoy your new addition!

Source(s): mom of 2

Ummm the boy charlie jackson. I really like the name cayden or caiden and middle andrew that's me. And the girl uhhh lea cassidy but my favorite name is hailee grace or kaylee grace