My choice or my partners?

My baby is due the beginning of next year and myself and my partner are having a hard time choosing a name we both like:

For a boy I like Gabriel Jonathan or Charlie Jackson but my partner wants Tucker Torrance after his dads nn and mn.

For a girl I like Lea Cassidy or Pheobe Elizabeth but he doesn't like either but doesn't know what girl names he does like!!!

Please help or give other suggestions I could give to him. Last name begins with A.

Update:

Partners dad passed when he was 3 and wasn't a nice man. Partner likes it because he was family and wants to carry on name even though he didn't know him.

I also like Colette as a middle name.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Sian
    Lv 5
    8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Um... your choices. Definitely. Gabriel Jonathan and Charlie Jackson sound a hell of a lot more interesting and creative than Tucker Torrance - no offense to your father-in-law. The only reason why I would go with his option is if the man-in-question that he wants your child named after was dying or had already passed away...

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

I really like the name Tucker, but not with Torrance. Tucker Gabriel, maybe? In any case, Tucker would need a new mn to be used. Otherwise, I like Gabriel Jonathan.

As for a girl, I like Lea... but I'd steer clear of it, depending on the sound that your surname makes. If it's a hard A, it shouldn't slur, i.e. Lea Ace is ok... However, if it's a soft A, it will slur, i.e. Lea Acton. Say Lea Acton 5x fast, you'll see what I mean. So, Lea Cassidy is my fav if your surname starts with a hard A. If not, I'd say Phoebe Elizabeth.

• 8 years ago

I like Jackson Gabriel & Lea Cassidy the most.

Don't care for Charlie or Pheobe

• 8 years ago

Well, clearly I love the name Leah, lol(see avatar). I like all your boys name but Gabriel the least, it is pretty popular right now, Charlie and Tucker are both cute but I like Charlie a bit better. Since he cannot get off the pot and pick a girl's name, tell him he can do Tucker for a boy but you get to name a girl?

Good Luck and Enjoy your new addition!

Source(s): mom of 2
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

Ummm the boy charlie jackson. I really like the name cayden or caiden and middle andrew that's me. And the girl uhhh lea cassidy but my favorite name is hailee grace or kaylee grace

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.