Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthGeneral Health CarePain & Pain Management · 8 years ago

ear wax build up syringing question?

i went to the doctor today and i saw a nurse she said i had hard wax in both ears and that i had to have ear drops and go back next week to have my ears syringed she said they spray water in my ear or something? is this safe to do because i read on the internet that it can damage my ear drum is this true? please help worried. Thanks.

Btw I'm reading all sort of horror storys right now on the internet that you can damage your ear drum im thinking of not having it done at all now what do you think?

I've had it done a few times when I was younger and it's not damaging at all, not getting the wax flushed out can actually be quite harmful to your hearing so still go for the ear cleaning. It's not painful, and you're done in a snap! And it's a perfectly harmless procedure

crappy internet articles aren't reliable sources . No, it is not harmful ,otherwise, it would not be used medically.

hmmmmmmmm