What could I get for around $6K?

To beat my friends 06 stock Civic. He always pisses me off and I wanna get something to beat him with.

Favorite Answer

Many cars will beat a stock Civic for $6000 or less:

-Any Saab 9-3 with the manual transmission... especially the SE or Viggin models. I own a 2000 Saab 9-3 with the base 185HP turbo. I only paid $2500 for it. And that beats any stock Civic unless it's an SiR... and even then they're about the same. Except with the Saab, if I wanted to, I could chip it and then have 240HP... but then I'd have to use Super Unleaded gas all the time. Also with a Saab, you'll have to spend more on maintenance and repairs... about 50 to 100% more compared to a Civic. I average about $250/month for all maintenance and repair with my Saab. When I had my old Civic, I was average half that.

-Saab 9-5 Aero with the manual transmission

-Buick Regal GS or Pontiac Pontiac Grand Prix GTP with the later 240+ HP supercharged 3.8L V6. But again, the downsides are higher maintenance and repair and you always have to use premium unleaded.

-Pontiac G6 GTP

-1993 or newer Chevy Camaro or Pontiac Firebird with the 5.7L V8 engine. They're cheap and fast... but you'll use a lot of extra gas and also more expensive and annoying with the maintenance and repair.

-1995 or newer Cadillac Eldorado ETC

-1995 or newer Cadillac STS

-2000 or newer Cadillac DTS

-2004 and newer Chevy Impala SS

-Chevy Cobalt SS

-Dodge Neon SRT4 - this will absolutely destroy all other non-turbo FWD cars.

-Chrysler PT Cruiser GT - Same engine as in the SRT4

-Eagle Talon TSI AWD or Mitsu Eclipse GSX... this will also absolutely destroy all other FWD cars... but they're a pain to own... they use lots of fuel, are expensive to fix and aren't that reliable

-Any manual V8 Mustang from 1987 and on.

-2003 and newer Honda Accord V6

-Any Jeep Grand Cherokee with the 5.9L V8, 4.7 OHC V8 or 5.7L Hemi. For $6K, you won't get a Hemi, but you just might find one with the 4.7L or 5.9L. The 4.7L is better than the old 5.9L btw. About the same performance, but the 4.7L is a much newer design that guzzles less fuel.

-Nissan Altima V6 - 0-60 in 5.8 seconds... faster than everything I listed except for the Dodge Neon SRT4

-Volvo S70 T-5 or R

Of all of these I listed, I think the Altima V6 is the best bet for $6000.

If i had $6k, i would buy a used volvo s60 t, starting from the early 2000s They're pretty quick and they're 'luxury' cars. Then i would spend the remaining 2k on upgrades.