Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

How do the GOP candidates stand on the Death Penalty?

Many countries have abolished it. We are suppose to be a Christian nation, based on the New Testament of love and forgiveness. How can this nation move forward if we continue to live barbaric conditions? Shouldn't we, as a nation be better than the common criminal?

Favorite Answer

I believe that the only GOP candidate to oppose the death penalty is Ron Paul.

And I agree with you that the death penalty must be abolished.

How does GOP candidates stand on the death penalty. Depends of which the wind blows. They'll go for it if it mean more votes, against if it means more votes. Can't count on GOP for anything. It's all about votes and has nothing to do with christian nation, new testament, love and forgiveness. It's strictly politics which are wishy washy when ever the need fits.

I would like to think that I'm better than the common criminal. Sure common criminal could care less how I think.