Should I take German or spanish?

Which language is easier to learn, german or spanish? I'm a sophomore in college, and the last time I took Spanish was in the 10th grade and don't remember much. And I heard that german is better than Spanish.

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Best Answer

I'm learning both, but I've forgotten a lot of Spanish. Linguistically speaking, German is the closest related language to English. The sentence structure is very similar between the two languages. German vocabulary is so cool - they make little pictures out of their words - and even though the declension is a little odd, with memorization and practice it gets easier.

Spanish is probably more practical than German if you are living in the USA, but overall, I'd go for German. It's one of my favorite languages.

Source(s): Here's a forum about the subject if you want more information about it: http://how-to-learn-any-language.com/forum/forum_p... Good luck with everything!
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

It would be easier to learn Spanish because although German is still in the same language group as English, Spanish has much more easier grammar and more familiar vocabulary. German better than Spanish? How could a language be "better" than another language? Riddle me this. You are more likely to use Spanish more than you would use German if you live in America. But learning a language because of immigrants shouldn't be your reason for learning a language it should be a personal choice. If you are leaning more towards one language than the other, then learn it.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Take Spanish. More people know and understand it, which means you may actually have a use for it later in life. It's also kind of fun sometimes. And where exactly did you hear that German was better than Spanish? I like Spanish more.

Adios amigo :)

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Spanish its easy

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 years ago

Spanish is easier... just try pronouncing the German R, the CHs and all those vowels... gross

• 8 years ago

Spanish, its easier

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Spanish because it's more applicable.

• 8 years ago

German baby! i reckon it is easier, sounds closer to english.

• 5 years ago

ANYONE WHO SAYS GERMAN IS BETTER THAN SPANISH IS A WHITE SUPERMACIST!!!!

• 8 years ago

spanish. i love mexican food.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.