Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 9 years ago

In Dorian Gray, how is each of the seven deadly sins reflected through Dorian's actions?

How does Dorian Gray commit each of the seven deadly sins?

1. Vanity

2. Gluttony

3. Greed

4. Sloth

5. Envy

6. Wrath

7. Lust

Favorite Answer

[A 4th century monk named, Evagrius Ponticus, started this belief of the “8 Deadly Sins”; avarice, boasting, dejection, fornication, gluttony, hubris, sadness, wrath.]

[In 590 AD, Pope Gregory I, revised Ponticus’ list from “8” to “7 Deadly Sins”; envy, greed, gluttony, lust, pride, sloth, wrath.]

[However, both lists are should be declared as heresy. The Lord our God declared to King Solomon what His 7 deadly are. Paul then further expounded on God’s 7 Deadly Sins with 17.

[Also in the New Testament our Lord Jesus Christ sealed the bible. No one is to add anything further to it.]

King James Version Bible

2 John Chapter 1

3. Grace be with you, mercy, [and] peace, from God the Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of the Father, in truth and love.

[The true & only 7 Deadly Sins.]

Proverbs Chapter 6

16. These six [things] doth the LORD hate: yea, SEVEN [ARE] AN ABOMINATION unto him:

17. A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood,

18. An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief,

19. A false witness [that] speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren.

[Paul gives an understanding of what the 7 truly mean by expanding it to 17 Deadly Sins.]

Galatians Chapter 5

19. Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are [these]; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,

20. Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,

21. Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told [you] in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

[Our Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of the Father, explains the book is now sealed and no one should be making any edits or additions from the words of God the Father.]

Revelation Chapter 22

18. For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:

19. And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and [from] the things which are written in this book.

Galatians Chapter 4

16. Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?