Question about slot machines and strategy?

First off I know slots are random and they are not the best bet in a casino. I just have a question about machine denominations and how bets pay out. Would it make more sense to go to a 2 cent machine and bet 20 lines at 2 cents per line ($1.00 total bet) Or go to a dollar machine and play 1 line betting 1... show more First off I know slots are random and they are not the best bet in a casino. I just have a question about machine denominations and how bets pay out.

Would it make more sense to go to a 2 cent machine and bet 20 lines at 2 cents per line ($1.00 total bet) Or go to a dollar machine and play 1 line betting 1 dollar every time? ($1.00 total bet) Or go to a quarter machine and play 4 lines at 25 cents per line ($1.00 total bet)

Whats the best $1.00 bet on slots by lines and denomination?

People have told me that if I don't have enough money to play max lines then I am playing on too high denomination machine. They have also said the same about max bet. It just doesn't make much sense because if I am only betting 2 cents on a winning line how can that compare to a dollar line winner?
Update: pdq. I understand that this MAY be the case but for my question lets pretend that the payout percentages are equal. My question is more about max lines in less denomination vs 1 line of higher denomination.