Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceWords & Wordplay · 9 years ago

Meaning of "aequam memento rebus in arduis servare mentem"?

If I were to inscribe something saying "aequam memento rebus in arduis servare mentem" onto something or as a tattoo would the translation of " remember to maintain a calm mind while doing difficult tasks" make sense and be something that would be suitable to be inscribed, if you know what I mean? So it wouldn't be stupid or not make sense if I were to encounter a Latin speaking person?

Also does an image of a biblical angel go well with Latin wording? Do they make sense together? They don't come from opposing ideas or anything?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Nick
    Lv 4
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Yes, that's what it means. It was originally penned by the Roman poet Horace, and the phrase is quite poetic - for example, "aequam" and "mentem" (clear and mind) encapsulate the whole phrase, emphasizing the importance of having a clear mind in hardships.

I wouldn't say that an angel would come across as opposing ideas, but I just don't see any real connection between the phrase and angels.

Source(s): Latin student
  • 5 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Meaning of "aequam memento rebus in arduis servare mentem"?

If I were to inscribe something saying "aequam memento rebus in arduis servare mentem" onto something or as a tattoo would the translation of " remember to maintain a calm mind while doing difficult tasks" make sense and be something that would be suitable to be inscribed, if...

Source(s): meaning quot aequam memento rebus arduis servare mentem quot: https://shortly.im/Y1fKN
  • Anonymous
    5 years ago

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/axCzl

Beez in the trap is an old phrase meaning you got everything and then some. Nicki uses it to mean, she's got more women hitting on her than most rappers, and more money than us poor fools. She has got beez in the trap, she's got more than those 100 muthas will evah have.

• 5 years ago

Back in the 60 s it had the meaning of "Easy action, man" or "Play it cool.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    4 years ago

It takes 9 seconds for the yahoo answers webpage to load for me to be able to click on the [add your answer] box. does this mean my laptop is slow?

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

thanks for the answers everyone xx

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.