When the next Republican president spends like Obama can we stop pretending they are fiscally responsible?

Seeing as almost none (sans Ron Paul) of the Republican candidates are talking about meaningful cuts to the budget and that the Republican controlled House couldn't come up with any meaningful cuts a few months ago, I have every expectation that the next Republican president (if it isn't Ron Paul) will make... show more Seeing as almost none (sans Ron Paul) of the Republican candidates are talking about meaningful cuts to the budget and that the Republican controlled House couldn't come up with any meaningful cuts a few months ago, I have every expectation that the next Republican president (if it isn't Ron Paul) will make any meaningful cuts. They've never made cuts in the past either. Has a Republican president during the last 30-40 years ever been fiscally responsible or made any meaningful cuts in government? Who are we kidding with this crap?
Update: @Mr Wolf: I see nothing in your figures that indicates anything more than a steadily increasing budget following the trend line. I have every expectation that the next Republican will continue the trend.
Update 2: @Robert: Ron Paul is my hero. Not Obama.
Update 3: @Mr Wolf: Sorry, misunderstood. Yes you are right. Helping me to prove my point that Republicans can spend just as well if not more than Obama.
Update 4: @Mr Wolf: Sorry, misunderstood. Yes you are right. Helping me to prove my point that Republicans can spend just as well if not more than Obama.