Can i cancel dental insurance early?

I want to cancel my Humana dental plan, and I called customer service today asking about how to do so. She said I couldn't cancel, that the contract was for a year. I asked what would happen if I stopped paying the premiums. She said I would still be billed monthly until the contract terminates in February. ... show more I want to cancel my Humana dental plan, and I called customer service today asking about how to do so. She said I couldn't cancel, that the contract was for a year. I asked what would happen if I stopped paying the premiums. She said I would still be billed monthly until the contract terminates in February. I asked if I had any legal responsibility to pay these bills (lol) and she said yes.
Here is the relevant clause from the agreement:

If the Subscriber seeks cancellation after the first thirty (30) days and during the first twelve (12) months of this Certificate, the Subscriber will not be entitled to any premium refund. Additionally, Company Participating General Dentists and Participating Specialists, at their discretion, shall have the right to collect from the Member their Usual Charges less any Copayments previously paid by the Member.

I have two questions, and would appreciate any general or specific answers.
1. Why did she say I couldn't cancel when there's clearly a cancellation clause in the agreement?
2. Am I legally bound to continue paying the premiums?
3. If I do cancel, wouldn't they still be legally bound to pay a currently outstanding claim?
Update: Edit: After some more research I believe Flower is correct. Thanks for your help.