Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceCorporations · 9 years ago

Walmart Job Oppurtinity for 16 year old?

What kind of jobs do they usually let you do at walmart if your 16?

Favorite Answer

It is company policy that if you are under 18 you can only be a cart pusher or a cashier. Anything else like floor positions require you to know machines like the trash compactor, baler and scissor lift and you have to be 18+ to operate those machines. It is also policy that you can only work 5 days a week, no more than 5 hour shifts and no later than 10pm.

Source(s): walmart sales associate, started when i was 16 as a cashier

2

Source(s): Paid Surveys At Home : http://onlinesurveys.iukiy.com/?mUmZ

Sadly, not very many, unless you want to work as a cashier, courtesy associate, or restaurant server. Unfortunately, within the last 10-15 years, many employers, including restaurants and retail stores, have begun to require that applicants for job vacancies be 18 years of age (some of them 21 years of age) or older and provide proof that they have both a high school diploma (or GED) and some form of college degree (Associates, Bachelors, Masters, so forth), plus a valid driver's license and your own vehicle. If you rely on walking both ways, public transit or parents to get you to and/or from work as I have most of my life, even if the job is no more than one block away from your residence, then most employers won't even touch you with a 39 1/2 foot pole. Other factors you may run into include if you don't have a good credit history (owing loans or medical bills or cleaning out bank accounts), no permanent home address for a set amount of time (this is one of the problems I have had in the last little less than six years, as the longest I have lived at any one residential setting was three years at a group home for individuals with developmental or other disabilities such as myself, which, tragically, closed two years ago), and other factors as well.

Take Surveys Get Paid - http://onlinesurveys.uzaev.com/?oWEg