Am I too old to start ballet classes only for fun?

I am 17 now and me and my friend wanted to join a ballet school next year,but we only want it for fun,not professional etc...And I'm not sure if I will manage to be as elastic as those girls who joined it much earlier. But,anyway,what do you think guys? Do you know someone like me? Did it work? Thanks! And pleeeeease be polite :)

Update:

And what about POINTE shoes?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Oh for fun you can diffenatly do it, just dont beat yourself up when you see every one else being amazing... like them i started around 5 or younger. and i still feel like i suck, just dont give up and practice all you can:)

• Login to reply the answers
  • ?
    Lv 6
    8 years ago

No your fine. I would start stretching right away and look up things like positions, and simple moves online so you don't go in knowing nothing. I have done ballet on and off my whole life, I am 14.

<3 Aimee

• 8 years ago

Go for it girl. Don't let anything stop you. It's never too late. If there's something you want to learn to do then go for it :) And it's easy to learn to be elastic. I learned to do the splits this year at age 16 took me just a couple of weeks.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Go ahead and join !

It'll be fun plus you'll have the experience to do something with your friend.?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 years ago

no there is people older than you doing ballet.

• 8 years ago

you're never too old for anything.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.