Very good korean dramas to watch?

I'm korean variety show obsessed but now i'm quite interested in dramas since many people around me are obsessed with korean dramas.

My friend recommended me "Sungkyunkwan's Scandal" and i watched it but instead of falling in love with korean dramas, i'm more obsessed about the casts xD

Also, because of my poor understanding skills, the kinda confusing storyline of this drama made me.. kinda confused? xD So i did not understand the drama even though i finished watching it :/

So i want some recommendations of interesting, funny, full of suspense and easy to understand dramas :) Dramas that are good for first-timers like me ^^

Some of the dramas i plan to watch are:

- Cinderella's stepsister

- Playful kiss

- Secret Garden

- All about Eve

But i do not know if they are suitable for me and if i will like them :/

Thanks! :D

Best Answer

hmm :)

The first drama I watched was "You're Beautiful" so definitely watch it! The drama that got me into dramas ^_^

Some of my favorites include:

- My Girlfriend Is A Gumiho - cute and interesting, sad at parts, funny alot of the time :)

- Baker King (King of Baking, Kim Tak Goo) - lots of drama but I loveeeeed it

- Boy Over Flowers (even though I preferred the Japanese version of it-Hana Yori Dango) - classic

- City Hunter - action, romance, enjoyed it

- 49 Days - sad, but really cute :)

- Dream High - I liked it! There's quite a few kpop idols xD Pretty easy to understand aha

I also suggest Secret Garden, because alot of people seemed to love it! I'm not sure what episode I watched up to for Cinderella's Sister, but I didnt end up finishing it :\ I actually really liked Playful Kiss, but not alot of people did :( I liked Sungkyunkwan Scandal too but you've seen it xD Joong Ki is a cutie :) I seen quite a few dramas (Japanese and taiwanese as well) and I wish I could suggest them all to you but these are good too :) Also if you feel like watching a Japanese drama.. : Hana Yori Dango(epic), Hana Kimi (funnny) and 1 Litre of Tears (cryed my eyes out) are good as well :D

Source(s): I've seen way to many dramas :|

I'm quite similar, I enjoy watching dramas where I like the cast :)

Some ones you might like:

Boys Over Flowers -- The first Drama I ever fully watched, it's my favourite drama <3 The cast is amazing, with four very handsome, good actors, Kim Hyun Joong (from playful kiss), Lee MinHo, Kim Bum and Kim Joon. The main character, Geum Jandi is played by Ku Hye-Seon who is so good at portraying the character :) you'll fall in love with the main cast, I promise!

Dream High -- This is a very good drama and if you like kpop idols the main cast has 2PM's Wooyoung & Taecyeon, Miss A's Suzy, T-ara's Eunjung and IU. Kim Soo Hyun is also a very good actor in it.

The Fugitive Plan B -- This Drama is intense! It has Rain (Bi) as the detective in it :)

Jungle Fish 2 -- okay to be honest I really did not like this drama, however I love the main cast in it, which is the main reason I watched it! So if you like MBLAQ's Lee Joon or T-ara's JiYeon or the actore Hong Jong-Hyeon then give it a go, you might like it more than me. It was only 8 episodes.

Hope this helps you ^_^

I highly recommend to watch Secret Garden. it's the best drama I've ever seen. It's really a must-see-Korea-drama xD And the another one is Coffee prince (known also as 1st shop of Coffee prince). It's not as good as Secret Garden but it really is very good. Highly recommended!

These are also nice: Boys over flowers, You're beautiful, Oh! My lady.

I love Secret Garden and Playful Kiss!!!

Some other great dramas are:

-Heartstrings

-Full House

-Boys Over Flowers

-You're Beautiful

-Witch Yoo-Hee

-Princess Hours

-My Girl

-Personal Preference

-Three Dads and One Mom

-Delightful Girl Choon-Hyang

-Dream High

These are some really good dramas I watched. Hope you enjoy them...

yah for a first time kdrama watcher you should really start with light and simple, sweet-funny drama.. here are some of my suggestions:

Boys over flowers- i think its easy to understand and you can relate to the characters esp. if you have watched meteor garden

My girl

Coffee prince

playful kiss

my sassy girl chun yang

lovers in paris

Princess hours

Full house

3 dads one mom

but i think you should also watch eventually the classics or the biggest dramas that made a hit all over asia so that you can appreciate the beauty of korean drama more.. here are some of them:

Endless Love: autumn in my heart

Jewel in the palace

Queen seon deok

here are some other dramas that you may also enjoy ( some of them has ended though)

City Hunter

Poseidon

Shining inheritance

there's just so much to watch lol.. i hope it helps

I've Watched Secret Garden And Plaful Kiss From Ur List Above...and i have to say SECRET GARDEN is awesome! i find playful kiss a cute drama~

but i MOSTLY recommend you to watch YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!! I LOVE IT!!!!!!!

and also

Boys over flowers

my gf is a nine tailed fox

Dream High

ITS Wierd you started with Sungkyunkwan's Scandal btw loved Micky in it, most people start with boys over flowers and on to you're beautiful. it depends do you want to go back to classics you missed or just recent ones. i'll give you three of both and you choose

old classics

full house: An actor signs a marriage contract with a girl after her friends sell her house to him.

fav part: I remember when they sing the bear song...

goong(princess hours): prince marries commoner due to his grandfather's friendship with her grandfather.

fav part: when they visit the girl parents and got to sleep in the same bed.

coffee prince: heard it was good whole female disguise as boy

new

My Girlfriend is a Gumiho: Nine tailed fox want to be human in other to be with the guy she loves.

fav moments: when the girl is always like " lets mate" and her saying buy me meat all the time. Main actors aunt's and the directors cheesiness

You're Beautiful: Twin acts like her twin bro and joins boy band and falls for the meanest one who has connection to her mom.

fav parts : manager chases her at beginning, drinking water to calm "electricity in heart", Jeremy finding out she's a girl and TK waving back at man who was actually tell him about crazy pig.Mi Nam's aunt hold TK's butt lol that was so funny. My favorite drama of all time

same as female disguising as guy like sungkw.... was really funny

city hunter: resent and amazing

Protect the Boss!

chuno

why why love!