Is Environmental Engineering a wise career choice?

For some time now, I've been planning on majoring in Computer Engineering. However, I've recently had a sudden interest in Environmental Engineering for several reasons. I'm not gonna get into details about that, but I'd like to know some of the following questions:

1. Is Environmental Engineering a rewarding & beneficial career?

2. What are some of the pros and cons with this particular field?

Any helpful side-information would also be very much appreciated. Thank you all for your time.

Favorite Answer

Yes, environmental engineering is an amazing career. But let me ask you theses questions and if you answer them its for you.

Are you concerned with current environmental problems?

Are you innovative and have you ever invented anything?

Are you interested in building solar panels and greenhouse

Are you interested in taking (I warn you, its far from easy) Calculus I, Calculus II, Calculus III, and Multivariate Calculus?

Do you think it would sound cool to alter the genetics of a plant and turn it into something new?

Do you want to attempt grow grass within five minute?

Do you like biology, ecology, chemistry (you need alot of chemistry skills)?

You will cover such topics as the hows and whys of the environment. Basic genteics and biology. Basic engineering and science. Loads of Calculus and other Math. All these things vary from college to college. I have a PhD in Environmental Engineering from Yale University, so maybe my courses are a bit harder than yours.

Pros:

A lot of fun

good salary: I recieve $120,000 a year

it makes you feel good about yourself that you are getting of your *** and changing our enviornment one step at a time.

Any idea you have is studyed by a manager and you get a huge raise if they accept it.

Alot of authority

Cons

Hard work

long days

irritation is imminent