what do you think about the Alabama law:HB 56?

what are some cons and pros ? i need to know what people think of this horrible law!!

ha ha the horrible part is that if they took away the cheap labor work from immigrants the economy would go up right? the bad thing would be that the prices es for fruit and vegetable would go up they would cost like 7 dollar .... and immigrant to do the labor work because most american are to stuck up to do it them self so tell me what would you do with out immigrant dumbness PLUS mostly every one in america aren't fully americans most of there ancestor are immigrant if it wasn't for them than you wouldn't be here !!! and there going to harass kid at schools just because there immigrant and make them scare ! isnt usa a land of freedom and opportunity's ?

Favorite Answer

What is so horrible about it?

Alabama is trying to do what the federal government has miserably failed to do.

What part of the law is bad?

Have you actually READ the law?

Keeping illegal immigrants out of public schools means more money and time for citizens and LEGAL immigrants.

Employers should already be verifying employment eligibility

What's wrong with the police checking immigration status? How is that different than running a warrant check on someone they suspect is a criminal?

The only part I think is a bit absurd is making it a crime to give an illegal immigrant a ride.

Other than that, I support it 100%.

Don't try to argue it by saying it leads to profiling, that's an antiquated and unproven argument.

EDIT:

Show me some research that says fruit 'would go up they would cost like 7 dollar'. A pound? Each? What fruit? All fruits?

"and immigrant to do the labor work because most american are to stuck up to do it them self so tell me what would you do with out immigrant dumbness"

I actually had to laugh at this one, so you are insinuating that our economy will collapse if we quit using immigrant labor?

Those in America who have immigrants in their family history (myself included), have ancestors who came to the country LEGALLY. My great great grandparents immigrated here LEGALLY from Scotland, LEGALLY.

Nobody has any problems with LEGAL immigrants. LEGAL ones. The LEGAL ones are fine. It's the ILLEGAL ones that I have a problem with.

You asked, 'isnt usa a land of freedom and opportunity's?' (sic)

Of course it is, for citizens and those who are in the country LEGALLY.

If you or someone in your family is here illegally, do the paperwork and apply for citizenship. I don't have a problem with that at all.

What part of HB56 could you *possibly* consider "horrible"????

It affects no-one except criminals who are stealing from Alabama taxpayers by utilizing services those taxpayers are funding, or stealing jobs from unemployed Americans.

Richard