Gay teen question, not ready to come out?

I'm sixteen year old guy and know I am not ready to come out the closet. I want to focus on high school and training and playing Football and knowing my football team I’ve made up my mind it’s not the best time to come out, and I’m fine with that. I just am trying to focus on my sports at the moment only the... show more I'm sixteen year old guy and know I am not ready to come out the closet. I want to focus on high school and training and playing Football and knowing my football team I’ve made up my mind it’s not the best time to come out, and I’m fine with that. I just am trying to focus on my sports at the moment only the guys I’ve slept with at bars know I am gay.

About six months ago, a few weeks after I turned sixteen I went to a bar and ended up going home with his really good looking older guy, at the time I guessed he was in his mid thirties. I mean it was only a one night stand, just a bit of fun between two willing guys.

So anyway, everything went on as normal until about two months ago my mum got a boyfriend, she was really excited about this guy. I didn’t know much about him, she only told me that he was five years younger than my mum (she’s 45) and a nice guy.

It’s just my mum and I and after two months of dating she thought it was a good idea to introduce the two of us for the first time.
So last week I met my mum’s boyfriend... and it turns out it was the guy I slept with.

Awkward.

I mean it was not cheating or anything, because we sex four months before he met my mum and had never seen each other since, he looked really shocked when he saw me again, just as shocked as I looked.

I mean for one, I didn’t think he was nearly the same age as my mum, he looked younger. Also I kind of told him I was eighteen which means now my mum’s boyfriend knows what I do on weekends which could get back to my mum (That I lie about my age to hook up with guys and hook up with guys at all.)

I don’t want my mum finding out and I think she would be angry or concerned about the whole ‘I once spelt with your know boyfriend thing.’ That would be the worst way for my mum to find out.
So I’m guessing he is bisexual but I don’t know if my mum would date a bisexual guy so I don’t plan to tell her.

In fact, I will just pretend it didn’t happen, I hope he will do the same.

I mean I haven’t talked to him one her one yet, but hopefully he will agree to just ignoring it.
If mum and this guy stay together will this put a damper on a step dad/step son relationship?

Even though I think I know what I’m doing, I’m really, really confused. What would you do? What do you think I should do?

And how can I get this guilt to go away?

Is there anything I can do to make this less awkward? Seeing I did lie to the guy about my age so its not his fault.

I don't want my mother to find out I'm gay because of this.

What should I do?