Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Mili asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 10 years ago

Please help me, I'm desperate! Am I fat? Exercise routine questions?

At the moment I wake up at 4:30 and jump rope for 26 minutes, then another 20. After school I go running for an hour. But everyone says I won't lose weight anymore because my body is used to this. I was 162 and 5'6, now I'm 151 but I want to be in the 130's by January. I will eat around 1000 calories a day. I think they're right. I went down to 147 but came back to 151 just like that, in one weekend, and it didn't go away. So I'm just starting again. Is my goal achievable? Also, what can I do to get just as much exercise without doing the same routines because I don't want muscle. I really need help, please. I've been fat since I was so young and I've been teased repeatedly. I just would like to be at a nice weight (135) by January. At the beginning it seemed realistic but now nothing's going right. I need a definite plan that will help me. I need exercises that won't be less than what I'm doing now.

Thanks xxx

I only have certain times a day I can exercise, I go to school. So from 4:30 am to 6:00 am and after school for an hour (4-5)

I just need an alternative for a couple days.

And 60 pounds in 10 weeks?

Aren't you only supposed to lose 20 pounds in ten weeks?

• ?
    Favorite Answer

According to a bmi chart I just had a look at, you're a top-end healthy weight for your height. Not fat fat, but perhaps a bit chunky. Which is great! Chunky can be very attractive on the right people (confident ones) and they say a bmi of 25/26 lives longest statistically, and that's what you have. Don't struggle to lose if it isn't helping, you might end up doing more harm than good. 1000 cals is really low... Most eat about twice that. But if it keeps you the same weight, I guess you're stuck, maybe should see a doc to check it isn't gonna do harm in the long term.

How do you feel right now? Your weight is fine, but if you're feeling a bit iffy about your weight, there's thing you can do to feel better. Stick to the same amount of cals, but eat healthier. Less saturated fats, and more monounsaturated ones would be good, as saturated clog the heart and make yucky big hard tummies, where all monounsaturated does is make nicer soft fat and no clogging. Trans fats move fat to the stomach. So if you're eating lots of that, it can make you insecure about it (though I have a strange female friend who is the opposite. She loves that her tummy is so huge and squishy compared to the rest of her, and somehow makes it attractive with her confidence). Cut out milkshakes, fizzy drinks, and juices if you haven't already.

If you still want to lose weight, then I wish you the best of luck, but it sounds like it will take a lot of work. Maybe go swimming more often. But eating less would be very bad. Anorexia/bulimia both suck, defiantly avoid those. Those kill. Accept that you will always be a bit pudgy, and try to enjoy it like my unusual female friend does. Almost any weight can be a nice weight if you have the confidence to be relaxed about it. School kids are mean. I got bullied all the time because I was so short, thin, and I guess a bit weird. If you can accept your weight for what it is, enjoy it, they can never bully you over it. I managed to accept my height, and I never took offence to such taunts. They'll get get bored. If that doesn't work, try appearing bored yourself. Or show signs that you really don't care (not sure, perhaps eat a biscuit or burp at them. Be as childish as them. They might find it so unexpected they just wander off). Remember, once you finish school, you'll probably never see them again.

Good luck, whatever you do. May your bullies step on Lego bricks.

3 lbs a week is the utmost maximum healthy weight loss. I know that some celebs do hideous crash diets of like a stone in a week, but it's really bad for them, and it makes it much easier for them to get fatter again... Which is why you see so many articles of celebs getting tiny and huge and tiny again, and then gaining it all back and deciding they don't care anymore.

First of all you need to calm down and chill out. Being at a healthy weight is a journey not a destination. Especially if you have been overweight for such a long time.

On the otherside of things Congratulations for making it that far and getting up every morning to achieve your goals!!!You have proven yourself to be a winner. So the next win is going to happen by adjustments and adding things

And it goes like this:

First set a realistic goal. For example 5 pounds per month.

To lose this amount of weight:

Create the calories u need

Create the Cardio to burn excess calories

Create supplements

Create a workout that centered around building muscles.

Create knowledge base & educational, practice system so you keep the weight off.

1. Normally Your calorie intake must decrease by 20% to begin losing weight.in your case you must Up your calories to atleast 1200-1400 kcal. Right now 1000. Is considered starvation. Your deprive your body most like of the nutrition it needs. Which is probably correlated to your increase in weight.

2. Supplements like protein shakes and bars are support to build muscle and Repair your body after working out. Also i recommend researching lipotropic transport and thermogenic supplements to boost metabolism.

3. Weight training 3x week doing sets of 2-4 each body part plus reps of 12-20 will support increase lean body and burn fat while you rest.

4. Get a routine of educating yourself and working out for 6-9 months. Switch up the routine every 4-6 weeks. This will increase the likelihood of you not going back to being over weight.

Final note: losing weight is a process of all of these components. will not occur without these components on a continued basis.

Make fitness a lifestyle and you will not be Desperate.

4 times a week jog after breakfast for 20min then after dinner, walk 30min. Also instead of drinking soda's and alcohol, drink water because it fills you up quickly and is healthy, doing this, you can loose and easy 60 pounds in 10 weeks

Source(s): personal experience

make sure you check food labels and avoid anything with more than 4 grams of sugar especially high fructose corn syrup per serving

Eat evry three to four hours to avoid temptations

invest in a treadmill desk like the trekdesk 479 trekdesk com

Try yoga to lose weight

• Noreen

90 minute ride on horse back

dump the junk food if you want to avoid temptation make sure you clean out the fridge and the pantry

when cooking or baking ditch the hand mixer and use a wooden spoon instead