Men wearing Women's jeans, look good or bad?

I have a Straight Male friend who sometimes wears Women's jeans. He is Tall and Thin (but athletic like Baskeball and Running), and he was never into the baggy jean look.He tried it but he said it felt like extra baggage lugging around and people knew he was thin so the illusion of his legs looking fatter and... show more I have a Straight Male friend who sometimes wears Women's jeans. He is Tall and Thin (but athletic like Baskeball and Running), and he was never into the baggy jean look.He tried it but he said it felt like extra baggage lugging around and people knew he was thin so the illusion of his legs looking fatter and his arms still were thin made him look very weird.

He normally wears Men's slim/straight jeans in Tall for the longer length, and for his small waist. Sometimes in his size, even the straight leg jean waist is loose and doesnt fit right, he is an "in-between" size in jeans and stores almost never carry the right size (either too big or too small). When he wears a belt the crotch area bunches up and he gets embarassed.

We went into the clothing store and the Women there saw him having trouble finding a good Men jean size and she said some skinny Men will actually buy/wear Women's jeans as they tend to fit better around the waist. She measured him since he had no idea about sizes, and let him try on Women's jeans that fit his measurements exactly. Sure enough, the waist fit him perfectly. Being she had measured him to help, the waist was not too tight so it doesnt hurt his "male part", but the waist fit so good he doesn't need to wear a belt. He got the length in Women's Tall so both waist and length fit him perfectly he was shocked! He determined the Women's Bootcut jean most closely resembles a regular pair of Men's jeans, and they fit so well he can run in them (unlike men's skinny jeans which restrict leg movement) The jeans he got were plain blue, no girly designs or anything, that would just look wrong.

One day he put on the mens jean and then the womens jean and asked if anyone could tell them apart, nobody knew the difference! If people cant tell the difference, then I think it's fine for Men to wear womens jeans of they fit better.
Update: Asking opinions if you agree or disagree. I agree, just want to know your opinions.
5 answers 5