Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 8 years ago

What, in your opinion are three qualities a church should have to be considered a good one?

Am I correct in assuming that not all churches are "good" churches?

Ruth Ann --- Yes... a Christian church ;0)

• Kate
    Favorite Answer

1. Adherence to the absolute truth and final authority of the Word of God.

2. A primary focus on studying the Bible and learning, not just on feeling good or socializing.

3. A focus in the church on helping and building each other up in all ways - emotionally, physically, and (most importantly), spiritually.

All churches are certainly not good! Three qualities I think a good church should have:

1. Doctrine based solely on the Bible, and no other text.

2. Active, consistent, and varying outreaches.

3. A system of governance that includes checks and balances for every position in the church.

1) A religion that obeys Jesus' command at Matthew 28:19, 20; with all its members on a regular basis.

2) Can be recognized by its deeds (our "fruitage"). And encourage their members to regularly apply the fruitage of the spirt....Matt.7:19, 20; John 15: 8; Galations 5:22, 23

3) A unity throughout the world; connected by love. John 13:35

It can be very hard to identify a good place to go and worship and have it be acceptable to God....

You should ask yourself

Are it's teachings bible based 2Timothy 3:16

Are they making known God's name, the same as his Son did John 17:6 and Matthew 4:10

Does the church demonstrated it has faith in Jesus Christ John 3:36

Do it's members truly love one another John13:35

Has it separated itself from the world and political matters John 15:19

• Rocky

First and foremost I would look for a New Testament Church--that is one which follows and teaches the teachings of Jesus.

Second, I would look for a church which is autonomous--has not hierarchy above it but Jesus--Jesus is the sole authenticator of a church.

Salvation comes from acceptance of Jesus the Christ as Lord and Savior of your soul, not the membership of a given church, not baptism, not the other sacraments only Jesus can save.

Source(s): Book of Timothy of the New Testament

Assuming you are referring to a Christian church then I would go with..

Focus on God

Acceptance

Honesty

1. They must be able to show that they existed since A.D. 33 -- not fabricated centuries or more than 1,000 years later like most denominations;

2. They must show clear unity about its doctrines and disciplines like the Holy Roman Catholic church does -- I'm delighted we have a Pope....no free-for-all in terms of doctrine with us!!!

3. They must strictly adhere to the words of Jesus: "This IS my body....this IS my Blood"..He never said it resembles or symbolizes or appears to be --- but that it IS. The martyrs of the early Church never gave their lives for crackers and grape juice!!!!

I'd say that the Westboro Baptist Church qualifys as a BAD church.

I can think of just two:

correct doctrines

positive/welcoming environment

Edit: I'll add this: a focus on evangelism and not just sending money to missionaries oversees. I mean evangelism in their local area (having an impact on the community).

A lift bay, a parts room, and a waiting area.

Oh, I'm sorry, I thought you were asking about someplace useful, like an auto repair store. Churches are wastes of everything.