Meh asked in Business & FinanceInvesting · 9 years ago

Is buying Walmart stock a good idea right now?

I was thinking about either investing in the Dollar tree inc. or Walmart

They seem to be doing pretty well

What do you think?

• ?
    Favorite Answer

Wal-Mart isn't bad for this moment in time, nice 2.6% dividend yield versus no dividend for Dollar Tree. All in all, I think Wal-Mart is the better stock. Would I buy it now? No. I think the market is headed for another 5% down, at least. It is really important in today's stock market to buy when the market is near the low end of the range and it isn't there right now.

only determine which you purchase low and sell severe. 5 years from now, a sparkling utility corporation might replace Microsoft. Wait till the inventory is going down, then purchase, then wait till it is going lower back as much as approximately 25% greater, then sell a lined call on it for 25% of the present fee, with an expiration date a minimum of a 300 and sixty 5 days interior the destiny with effectual fee of a minimum of 25% extra.

• Sam

Over the past decade that stock has done absolutely nothing. I think its ok if you want to collect a dividend, or trade it, jmo.....