Can I borrow money on my debit card?

Im short $55, which I need to get to my friend today to pay as my share of a house that a group of my friends are renting in two weeks. I don't have any money in my checking account right now, but I was wondering if there was any way I could get $55 now and pay it back later. Bonus points for detailed explanations and knowing of rates/interest that would apply. Thanks!

• Favorite Answer

You cannot literally borrow money using a debit card but I do have 2 solutions for you.

You can

1. Overdraft your card. (Take out money you don't have, and depending on which bank you have they will charge you a different fee....so basically credit.)

2. If you have an online account with your bank you can probably use it to request money. Wells Fargo does this and i'm sure other banks do to. This "deposits" money into your account, and lets you spend it anywhere and a anyhow and when you put in money it takes it back automatically, plus a fee.

Look into how to do this with your bank.

If you don't have and online banking tool, go and speak to a Representative at your bank.

Hope I helped! :)

Source(s): Previous bank teller.

Do you have overdraft protection on your bank account? If so, it might cover the $55 and probably charge a fee. Otherwise, you can't borrow money on a debit card. You have to have the cash on deposit.

Source(s): BD
  • KL

You can withdraw that money from your debit card at an ATM and the bank will charge you an overdraft fee if you don't have the money to cover the funds.

For Credit and finance solutions I visit this site where you can find all the solutions. http://INSURANCEANDFINANCETIPS.INFO/index.html?src...

RE :Can I borrow money on my debit card?

Follow 6 answers

Source(s): For Credit and finance solutions I visit this site where you can find all the solutions. http://INSURANCEANDFINANCETIPS.INFO/index.html?src...

No debit is just a plastic "check"

• MadMan

Take something that you own, such as you flat screen TV, and pawn it.

Sorry, not possible.