Despite all the political rhetoric regarding "green" energy, did you know that solar PV has?

dropped from $69/watt installed to under $2/watt installed? In many areas of the country, solar is already cheaper as a new install than a coal-fired plant. And wind (albeit only in very specific areas with consistently high winds) has been cheaper than coal (as a new install) for several years. And the prices... show more dropped from $69/watt installed to under $2/watt installed? In many areas of the country, solar is already cheaper as a new install than a coal-fired plant.

And wind (albeit only in very specific areas with consistently high winds) has been cheaper than coal (as a new install) for several years. And the prices for both solar and wind are still dropping.

signed: a lifelong conservative.
Update: -
The $69/watt price was referenced from a speech by ultra-conservative businessman, Dr. TJ Rodgers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKJZcD5-7IY

This article goes back even further:

http://greenecon.net/falling-panel-prices-could-bring-solar-closer-to-grid-parity/energy_economics.html
...
Update 2: --- N - Lothringer Bur: Hey! Always good to hear from you, bro. Actually, I agree with you, there. And I'm glad Germany did what they did. Dr. Rodgers' company has sold millions of panels to Germany with positive feedback on quality and service. As for the U.S. doing the same thing, $50 billion is a drop in the... show more ---

N - Lothringer Bur: Hey! Always good to hear from you, bro. Actually, I agree with you, there. And I'm glad Germany did what they did. Dr. Rodgers' company has sold millions of panels to Germany with positive feedback on quality and service.

As for the U.S. doing the same thing, $50 billion is a drop in the bucket compared to the trillion we spent on two illegal, undeclared wars. Though I'd prefer it be done in the private sector, that money would certainly have been better invested in rescuing us from energy dependence.

Once again, the harder we work for representative government, the less representation we seem to get. But the kettle is boiling over, already.

BTW, at all the conferences and webinars I've attended/participated in, there've been as many profit-seeking conservatives as there have been environment-conscious liberals. The biggest difference is size of implementation. Con's tend to test the water with lab-size installs and make improvements hoping to find a prof